Chapter Forty-Five

Chapter forty-five

It had been two weeks since Srishti shared her past with Sahil and although he made no move to comfort her physically, his words and eyes held enough warmth in that moment.

She had never felt so light and at peace before and it felt surreal. A huge part of her was satisfied with how life was going but somewhere a tiny part was still gnawing at her to know about his past.

Zevah and Aditya were married already just like they were, in private. The process of starting the adoption in the orphanage, was going on and could be completed in any moment.

Also, Ayaansh's first birthday was near. She couldn't believe that her baby was going to be one year old already. Why was he growing up so fast?

"Srishti," She moved out of the kitchen and stepped in the living room where Sahil and Ayaansh were present.

"Yes?" She raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms waiting for him to speak.

"Do you have any plan for Ayaansh's birthday?" Sahil asked and she grinned at him. Their relationship had changed and she could definitely feel it.

He wasn't cold towards her anymore but atleast civil and it surely wasn't because of pity. It felt like he was finally seeing as a human who had feelings as well.

"Nothing great, just the four of us celebrating his birthday here?" She suggested with a hopeful look in her eyes. It wasn't like they could go out to celebrate like a normal couple but she only wanted to make it memorable for them all.

Sahil nodded in acknowledgement and walked out of there. Ever since she shared her past, he had a lot of thoughts running in his mind.

How was she still so cheerful and positive after what she had gone through? She didn't know her real identity and has been living like it doesn't bother her much. Atleast one would think so looking at her.

His thoughts were disrupted and for the first time in his life, he couldn't keep them to himself. He needed to tell someone, anyone, before he went crazy.

As he reached in his cabin and sat on his chair, as his thoughts wandered back to the day he heard her talking to the stars on the terrace.

Srishti was standing on the terrace and staring at the stars with a smile playing on her lips. Ayaansh was sleeping soundly and Sahil was working late.

It seemed like the terrace had become her hideout after she had emptied her heart infront of him.

She stared at the stars in the sky with a smile playing on her lips. The slight breeze touched her face and made her soft curls dance in the air.

She sighed heavily and pursed her lips, the smile never leaving her lips.

"I didn't know I could be this happy." She said talking to no one particular. Sahil who had been leaning on the door and staring at her from the past few minutes, slightly shifted himself as if making himself comfortable to hear her talks.

"I mean, I was happy before this as well but having Ayaansh in my life made me realise that I could be content as well. He evokes different emotions in me that I have never experienced and there's this feeling that I get just by looking at him. It's as if there could be nothing more beautiful than him for me in this world." She chuckled looking down at her hands.