Chapter Thirty

Chapter thirty

Ayaansh rolled onto his stomach and raised his head to locate his father. Srishti who had been reading a book beside him, watched him carefully with an amused smile on her face.

It had been four months, Ayaansh was now four months old and she felt time was running too fast with him. He was growing up too fast and she hated that.

Ayaansh made humming sounds to gain his mother's attention and stared at her blinking his eyes. She chuckled and picked him up, making him stand on her legs. He wobbled but as she held him in place, he flapped his hands in excitement as a squeal escaped his mouth.

"What are you so excited about?" Srishti asked rubbing her nose with his and he giggled. He touched her face with his tiny hands, tracing her eyes, cheeks before he leaned forward and placed a sloppy kiss on her chin.

"I love you." She lost the count of times she told her son how much she loved him but it came natural. He smiled and rubbed his eyes as if he was shy.

"You know, you're the cutest. Don't grow up so fast Ayaansh." She pouted and he looked at her carefully before vigorously flailing his hands and going forward to hug her. She hugged him close to her chest dearly and kissed his head countless times.

"Srishti," The door opened and Sahil walked in making Ayaansh look at him. Sahil looked at his son and a small smile broke out on his face.

He walked towards them and on instinct Ayaansh pushed himself away from Srishti and leaned towards Sahil who almost made a run to catch him. Srishti smiled as Sahil took him in his arms and shook her head.

"What's up buddy? Did you miss me?" Sahil asked Ayaansh who giggled in return before hugging his father. Sahil couldn't explain the feeling every time he would throw his tiny hands around his neck to hug him. It was surreal.

"Why isn't he sleeping?" He questioned looking at Srishti who looked up from her book.

"He was waiting for you." She replied before going back to her book but he kept staring at her instead on looking away as he usually did.

A squeal from Ayaansh brought him back to reality. He looked at his son and found him staring at his mother with his twinkling eyes. Ayaansh surely loved his father but he was the closest to his mother.

"He's calling you." He mentioned and she just nodded not looking up this time.

Ayaansh gurgled, stretching his hand towards Srishti and opening and closing his tiny fist as if calling her. Sahil stared amused at the little guy's way of gaining attention.

"Srishti," Sahil called her again but she was too engrossed in her book which made Ayaansh scrunch up his face. He didn't like it at all and for some reason Sahil hated it as well.

"What the!" Srishti exclaimed as the book was snatched away the next second and watched as Ayaansh gave her a toothless grin while Sahil smirked at her a angry expression.

"Mr. Malhotra, give me my book!" She demanded but he just walked away, securing Ayaansh with his left hand and the book held in his right.

"Seriously?" She yelled and Ayaansh giggled making Sahil smile with him. It was fun irritating her.

────────