The party.

7 years away from the Oberoi mansion and Shivaay had almost forgotten how chaotic their party preparations could become. All the Oberoi staff were running here and there finalizing the preparations for the party and making last minute changes to them.

The conversation with his father left Shivaay stewing. He knew that he needed a minute alone to clear his head. Today's party was all about repairing the image of the Oberoi family. Of them presenting an united front in front of the entire world.He couldn't afford to go in to this party with such a foul mood especially since there were already so many rumors about him.

Unfortunately it looked like the universe was determined to not let him have a moment alone. There were people everywhere. He was thinking of going upstairs when he saw his mother descend down the grand staircase all decked up in a shimmery salwar with equally shimmery hair accessories. After dealing with his father and his tone-deaf comments,Shivaay knew that he didn't have enough patience left in him to deal with his mother right now. So he took out his phone, ducked his head and stalked out of the hall,hoping that he could escape to his room before his mother noticed him. As he reached his room, the sight that greeted him made him forget all the irritation and anger he was feeling mere moments ago.

He saw his wife sitting in front of the dressing table, fastening her earrings. She was dressed in a black saree with a heavily sequenced blouse. The small stones in embroidery of the saree twinkled like stars. Bathed in the golden light, Anika looked like a goddess. Shivaay felt a sense of calm spread over his whole body at her sight. Anika had laughed at him when he once told her that she was his home. She thought that he was being poetic and shit,but only Shivaay knew that he was only telling her the literal truth. His wife didn't have an inkling about the kind of effect she has on him.

Sensing him at the door, Anika stood up from the chair and smoothened her saree."Kaisi lg rhi hoon? Is it good? Zyaada toh nhi ho gya na?"

When a awe-stricken Shivaay did not reply, Anika thought that it was because of her saree completely unaware about her husband's direction of thoughts.

"Is it looking bad? Is it the saree or is it me? Yh jewelry zyaada ho gya kya?" Anika questioned by looking at herself in the mirror. It was then that he realised that he had not answered his wife's question. Shaking his head at his clueless wife, Shivaay walked to her and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

"Do you know what your problem is? You literally have no idea how gorgeous you are. You could be wearing a sack and you will still be the most gorgeous woman I have ever laid eyes on."

As Anika looked Shivaay through their reflection in the mirror, her breath got caught in her throat. It was an expression which was a mixture of awe, love and adoration. It was a expression of someone totally in love. Shivaay Singh Oberoi was always a man of few words but through the years of their marriage Anika had discovered that Shivaay's expressions gave away more than what his words could ever articulate. For the world, Shivaay was a cold emotionless businessman who always had an air of aloof detachment around him, but in front of her he was like an open book. He literally had no defenses infront of her.

Anika turned around to face him and pressed a light peck to his lips. She chuckled at her husband's visible disappointment when she did not deepen the kiss but they had a party to attend and no time to waste.

"By the way I thought you be wearing your power outfit today" Shivaay said in a playful tone. Anika raised her eyebrows, confused at the unfamiliar term."

"My power outfit?"

"Yes,your jeans and your off shoulder top,complete with your Chandni and Chameli" They both shared a smile at all the times she had locked horns with him in the past.