I've got your back,Di

A very very small update that I found in my drafts...Work in progress for the rest of the update..Stay tuned.
-----------------------------------------------------
Don't overwork yourself.Say no to things if you have too much on your plate already..Anika remembered Shivaay's advice as she was going through the report that her PA had send her.She sighed at the thought. it was easier said than done.

One of the reason she was able to bring her brand to such a level was because she always believed in perfection.She just couldn't settle for anything other than the best for everything that she did.It was one of the quality that she had picked up from Shivaay over the years.

Once she made the necessary changes to the report she stood up and walked out of the room in search of Gauri.She just wanted to cross check certain details with her.Anika found Gauri in the lounge sipping on a cup of her coffee.Even from a distance,Anika could sense Gauri's tiredness.It was hectic day for all of them, with so many things all scheduled together.She was thankful that Saumya was excused from all of this ,since she needed all the rest she could get, at this stage of her pregnancy. Even though she didnot want to disturb Gauri,Anika had nochoice.She wanted to get things done and over with as soon as possible.

"Gauri"Anika called out bringing Gauri out from her deep thoughts.

"Haan Bhabi.Boliye"Gauri sat up straight making space for Anika on the sofa.

"Sorry to disturb you but this is a little urgent. Kuch cheezein hain joh mujhe tumse confirm karna tha. Ok tell me did we confirm this from the agency or not.... "

"Ooh!! Look who is here."They were interrupted by Tia who sat down on the sofa opposite to theirs.

"Anika.....Oh I mean Mrs Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi,right??"Tia asked in a sarcastic tone.

Anika sighed at Tia's bad timings.Here she was trying to finish her work asap and new headaches were inviting themselves into her day.

"What is it Tia?Agar kuch important na ho toh please baad mein baat kar sakte hai hum?"Anika asked,silently hoping that Tia would catch the tone of disinterest from her voice.

"Oohh!!Now do I have to take an appointment to talk to you?Just because you married Shivaay you think that you are a VIP. I must say, you seem to live in a bubble. After all, you were once our wedding planner who somehow wormed her way into Shivaay's life...What more can I expect out of someone like you???"Tia sneered.

Anika was at the absolute end of her patience level.She was about to give Tia a nice talk but Gauri beat her to it.

"Watch your words,Ms Tia Kapoor. Don't forget that you are talking to the eldest daughter in law of the Oberois, and more importantly my sister in law. And I generally don't like people talking to my family like the way you spoke to Anika Bhabi right now."Gauri defended her. Anika was surprised by Gauri's attitude.She had only seen the creative,fun loving side of Gauri and this was definitely a new side to her personality. Anika made a mental note to never get on Gauri's wrong side.She can really be scary when she is angry.

"What do you know of our history,Gauri? Anika was my wedding planner who somehow got on the good side of Dadi.I was always nice and look what she did.."Tia tried convincing Gauri.

"Please Tia.Stop this nonsense.You and I both know what was going on.Don't make me open my mouth.I can spill some of the secrets which you though could be hidden for ever."Anika calmly countered.Tia's blanched at that sentence. She could see what Anika was hinting at. Robin.More that the Obeoris, she feared her mother's reaction if her plan failed. Her mother could do anything when she is in her anger.

Before Tia could speak Mrs Kapoor walked into the hall and interrupted their conversation."7 years gone by and I must say that you have not changed at all Anika. Still the naive girl I knew who thought that the world was full of goodness and happiness. When I saw you earlier at the press conference I thought that you must have changed but now, seeing you,I can say that girl who was more suited in the cheap clothes that you get in the local market than the branded clothes that you wore earlier."Mrs Kapoor said scanning Anika from head to toe with a disapproving look on her face.She was afraid Tia would mess up and took the situation into her own hands to avoid any blunders.

Anika stifled a smile and stood up from the sofa to come face to face with Mrs kapoor."I agree Mrs Kapoor that I am more comfortable in these clothes than the branded outfits but let me tell you that my clothes don't define my personality. I have a personality of my own in these clothes and my clothes don't define my personality. I wear clothes that I am comfortable in."

"Of course Anika what else can you say?After all these were the clothes only you could afford before you wormed into Shivaay's life.Unlike me who could and still can afford the best premium brands in the market"It was Tia who spoke up.

"Hmm. Sahi kaha aapne Tia.After all both,Anika bhabi and I were brought up in a middle class set up where we couldn't afford the 'premium brands 'that you just mentioned now.But tell me one thing Tia.Which brand are you wearing right now?"Gauri intervened. She had no idea how the Obeoris put up with this obnoxious behavior of Tia all these years as she was finding it hard to even tolerate her for 10 minutes.

"This? This is an exclusive piece from Jashn.It is a top brand after all. Have you even heard that name?"Tia asked sarcastically, having no idea of the happenings of the press conference.

"I own that company Tia."Anika responded  nonchalantly while Tia looked at Anika like she had lost her marbles."And yes thank you for calling my brand one of the best.I am honored by that compliment.!!"Anika said as she picked up her file and walked out of the room leaving Tia in shock.

Gauri felt a sense of satisfaction seeing Tia's shocked face. Although she didn't know Tia personally,still from this very brief conversation Gauri could gather why the younger set of Oberois opposed her match with Shivaay.She was the type of  lady who you wouldn't want anywhere near your family,let alone as your sister in law.

She also noticed that Tia's mother seemed to be the more vicious out of the two.The power division between both of them was very visible and it was clear that Mrs Kapoor had an upper hand in everything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you guys liked the update.

If you have ideas that can be included in the storyline,feel free to message it to me. I will be more than happy to include it in my story.

As always, criticism and suggestions are always welcome.

Love :)

Aisha.