Flashback 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jhanvi had just returned from the monthly socialite ladies club charity event. Even before she stepped into the mansion she had a strong gut feeling that something was terribly wrong. So she had excused herself early from the bunch of gossiping women, to reach home early.As she reached the living room she saw that the house was filled with gloom. Half of the family had shut themselves in their respective rooms refusing any form of contact and the other half was sitting in the lounge chairs too shocked and frozen to react to Jhanvi's presence and questions. It was a servant who saw the whole incident who told Jhanvi about what happened. As soon as she heard what happened she rushed to Shivaay's room to find him stuffing his clothes into a bag.When he sensed her presence at the door, he looked up and gave her a false smile. Suddenly even that smile went away as if shivaay remembered something and continued to pack his clothes.

"kahan jaoge?"Asked Jhanvi.

Shivaay continued to pack his bag ignoring Jhanvi's question.Getting no reply from shivaay, she walked closer to him and held his arms to stop him. Shivaay didnot make any eye contact and avoided Jhanvi's eyes as much as possible.

"Yeh toh batate jaoo shivaay ki tum kahan jaooge?"

"Jab mujhe khud nahi pata badi maa toh main aapko kya batoon?"

"What do you mean pata nahi. I just asked you ki tum kahan honge, apne flat mein ya farmhouse mein."

"Kaunsa farmhouse Kaunsa penthouse, it is all a part of the oberoi group and I am not a part of the Oberoi empire now. So mein vahan nahi jaa sakta."

"Toh tum kahan jaooge voh bhi itni raat ko?Ruko mein abhi aati hoon."saying so Jhanvi rushed out of the room leaving Shivaay rooted to his place. She returned after a few minutes, with a bunch of keys in her hand which she place into Shivaay's hands.Shivaay looked questioningly at his badi maa.

"yeh mere penthouse ki chaabi hai and don't worry yeh Oberoi empire ka hissa nahi hai nor does it belong to Jhanvi Oberoi. It is Jhanvi Malhotra's penthouse not Jhanvi Oberoi's.I know that you will refuse but Shivaay stay here for a few days and then you decide ki tumhe karna kya hai."

"But badi maa, mein kaise?"

"What do you mean kaise huh?I am giving my penthouse to my son, nobody would dare to question me. and if you ever considered me as your mother then please accept this. please shivaay"Pleaded Jhanvi

Shivaay eyes filled up with tears when he heard his badi maa address him as his son. How tangled were his relationships. On one hand his mother had chosen the title of Oberoi Bahu over him and on the other hand was his Badi maa who risked the fury of the family to stand by him and help him.

"Ok i will accept this but on one condition. Promise me that you will take care of the family in my absence. Sabko aapki zaroorat hai.Promise me that you will protect them in my absence Promise me badi ma"Said shivaay while gently holding jhanvi by her shoulders.

"Promise Shivaay"replied Jhanvi with full sincerity.

..............

The documents were signed.Shivaay was no longer a part of the Oberoi empire or the share holder of the Oberoi properties. All the ties that bound him to the family was cut and he was expected to leave and never come back. After all the documents were signed by him and verified by the family lawyer, Shivaay stood up with his backpack and walked to the door. He stopped when he felt a hand on his shoulder.Without even turning, he knew that it was Om's. Shivaay was filled with hope that maybe Om had realised the truth but when he turned to face Om the hatred in his eyes confirmed that it was not the case.