The meet.

Anika sat in the car staring out of the cars window which was rolled down fully.As the breeze hit her face,she felt herself drifting back to the times she had traveled on the same roads in autos and buses.As she looked around she saw families,lights,shops,cheer etc and all of these together represented Mumbai to her.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard her ringtone.Fishing her phone out from her handbag,she answered the call.As soon as the other person had finished speaking,her expressions grew serious.

She instructed the driver, "Sharmaji,city hospital."

As the car drove into the parking lot of the hospital,Anika almost jumped out of the car and hurried inside the glass doors of the hospital entrance. Her gaze swept around the area for the face that she was searching for.Seeing Shilpa standing in a corner,Anika ran to her and held her shoulders. Shilpa slightly shivered from her touch and Anika was taken aback to see her glassy unfocused eyes when she lifted them up.

This girl is really shaken up.Gently holding her arms ,Anika made her sit on one of the chairs nearby and sat beside her and handed her a bottle of water.Shilpa slowly sipped from the bottle and took a deep breath to calm down.Anika knew that whatever this girl had witnessed it was traumatic enough to shake her up.Once she was sure that she had calmed down,Shilpa tried to speak through her dry throat.

"Accident...Gauri....White car....blood..".Shilpa's words were coming out in parts as her voice was breaking down in between.Anika wanted to ask more but both of them were interrupted by the doctor who came out of the emergency room.

Seeing him,Anika stood up,"Doctor,how is she?"

"She is fine.She has a deep cut on her forehead so we had to stitch it up and has fractured her left hand.Besides that,there are just some minor injuries and scratches.She will recover fast."

"Thank you doctor."

"Since this is a hit and run case would you lodge a police complaint or should we report the accident form our hospital's side."

"Doctor,Actually I cannot take a decision about this. I am just her employer.This should be her family's decision."

"Oh!!Then please inform her family members as soon as possible and do the needful.I will get going."

"Yes,doctor."Soon a nurse walked up to them with a bundle of paper that were Gauri's admission forms and handed them over to Anika to fill them up,and give them in the reception.

"Name.....Gauri Kumari Sharma

Age........

Blood group.....

Father's name........

And the list went on.Both Anika and Shilpa didnot have any clue of what was being asked.They didnot know anything about Gauri except her name.

Turning to Shilpa,Anika asked,"Shilpa,do you have her family members' number. Husband, brother, mother. Anyone?"

"Maam,her mother lives in Bareilly and her husband is here but I don't have his number."

Anika didnot know what to do.Gauri had a husband but they didn't have his number.They couldnt even dial her mother up who lives in Bareilly.

Her information must be there in the official files.She dialed up Ria's number and asked her to forward Gauri's details to her as soon as possible.

Sure enough,within 5 minutes they had all the information that was being asked.Once the admission forms were filled up,Anika dialed the number that Gauri had provided as her local emergency contact.Anika assumed that it must be her husband's number.