Fear.

Thank you so much for your comments and votes.😀

Not proof read, so ignore the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes😋

Happy reading guys and do leave your votes and comments😘

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Anika"Shivaay woke up in the middle of the night shouting for Anika.He was panting,his heart was beating so hard that he could almost hear his heartbeat and sweat  beads were glistening on his forehead.

It was just a nightmare Shivaay.It is over.Anika is safe.

Shivaay turned to Anika's side of bed only to find it empty.Still confused and vulnerable from the after effects of his nightmare,Shivaay sat upright and looked at the bedside clock.3:17 am.

"Where did Anika go that too at the middle of the night.Usko kuch hua toh nahi.Nahi nothing will happen to her.."

Mentally smacking himself for even imagining the worst scenarios,Shivaay pushed aside the bed sheets and got up to check on Anika.He called out to Anika while checking the places where she could possibly be.The terrace, the washroom,balcony but she was nowhere to be found.

Where did anika go?

The old fear of losing Anika which was  tightening itself. No this can't be real. That was just a nightmare, it can't happen in reality and will not happen in real. Shivaay tried consoling himself.

***

Anika was in the kitchen when she heard Shivaay calling out for her?. She immediately guessed what might have happened. The nightmare. But why now? Wondered Anika. Not wasting any time on her thoughts, she rushed to Shivaay who was her first priority at the moment. As she ran upstairs and reached the door of their bedroom she saw a panicked Shivaay. As soon as he saw her at the door, he visibly relaxed. Covering the distance between them in mere steps, he reached out to Anika and engulfed her in a protective hug. She also wrapped her hands around shivaay and calmly stroked his hair in an attempt to calm him down.

"Calm down shivaay. It is just a nightmare .Naira and I are safe."Anika said 

Burying his head into Anika's lustrous locks Shivaay's over panicked mind relaxed and his hold on her was not as tight as it was before. Anika slowly eased out of the hug and held Shivaay to gently lead him to the bed. She sat beside Shivaay at the edge of the bed and held his hand while he was blankly staring at something. 

"Shivaay it is just a nightmare. Doctor has told us right that it is just an outlet for your inner fears which you see in the form of nightmare. To get rid of the nightmare you need to get over your inner fears."Anika tried to encourage him to fight against his inner fears.She knew what a nightmare can do to you and how much it affects you.While she had nightmares of her past,Shivaay's nightmares were mostly imaginative.But in both the cases the impact it left on them was terrible.

'It's easier said than done'.mused Shivaay. The nightmares always came in flashes. All the nightmares which he had, always had a lot of darkness in it.All the nightmares had only one thing  in common -each one of them were about Anika or Naira in danger.The nightmares felt so real that he could feel the emotions that he would go through if either of them was in danger. Though a part of him knew that his fears were just utterly foolish and baseless, but still on the other hand he was still scared of losing them. Sacred of losing his family that had become his world in these seven years. Scared of being left alone once again.How much ever he tried to put away his fears but they were so deep rooted in his mind that they would just not go.He knew that the happenings of the past had played a role in deepening his fears.