Forgive and Forget?

Rudra stood there at the entrance of the kitchen observing the scene in front of him. He could see Om taking out something from the cabinet above,while facing away from him. But what surprised him more was the scene of his Shivaay Bhaiyya standing in front of the stove pouring his concentration on the dish in front of him.

Om had expected Anika and Naira to step in but hearing no voices,he turned to see Rudra standing at the entrance of the kitchen staring at Shivaay who was  engrossed in his dish.

Rudra did not know what he felt. After Shivaay's departure,whenever he used to walk by the kitchen or the pool side,he would pause for a second as a faint memory of the past of three of them cooking happily or sitting near the pool discussing their problem would briefly flash before his eyes. But after his O too left, he shut himself out of all the places which reminded him of their Obro bond.But in the freedom of his dreams,he had allowed himself to dream. To want... But he was practical and he knew that it was impossible.

It is a mirage. This too would vanish like every other days'. Rudra concluded.

When Om saw Rudra taking tentative steps towards Shivaay, he tried to move. To react ..To do something .But his body was just not obeying his orders and chose to be immobile at such a point of their life. So he stood back with his hands clutching on the marbles of the side tops and his eyes trained on the moving figure of his younger brother.

Rudra reached behind the figure and gently held one of Shivaay's arms. Shivaay was shaken out of his cooking world and the scene he witnessed when he turned was not something that he was prepared for. His Rudra was standing in front of him with tear filled eyes. The face which was always filled with innocence, joy and youth had matured considerably. Though he looked just as handsome and dashing as he was before seven years, still something else had changed in him which made the whole difference. Something which he couldn't lay his hands on.

Rudra was unable to believe that it was really is superman who was standing in front of him. Till this moment he had strongly believed that he was dreaming and just like the countless other dreams he would wake up and all of this would end, but when his brother reacted to his touch and turned around to face him, he knew that he was not dreaming and all of it was happening for real. His superman was really in front of him.

"I m dreaming right. You will vanish again right?Once i wake up you will vanish once again leaving me alone.Haina?"Rudra struggled to speak without pausing.

Rudra's question tore through the heart of the other two souls in the room.Om's head reeled when he realized the hidden meaning in his younger brothers words.He was alone and miserable.

Shivaay blankly stared at Rudra not knowing what to do. Seeing no response from the other side, Rudra grappled both his forearms and shook him angrily while demanding an answer. Shivaay did not know what to do. He could handle the childish Rudra's anger but this was something that he could not figure out. So he did the next best thing that he knew.

He spread his arms and engulfed Rudra in his hug.Rudra rested his head against Shivaay's shoulder and let his tears flow not caring that he was wetting his brothers waistcoat and shirt with his tears.Om who was standing in the side lines walked ahead to join the Obro hug. It felt so good to have one oBro hug after such a long time.

"Bhaiyya" Rudra finally uttered after a long time.

Shivaay's eyes pricked to hear his brother take his name with so much of surprise and awe.

"Rudy."

Suddenly as if something struck him out of the blue,Rudra stepped back. Surprised by his sudden withdrawal,Shivaay walked ahead and to cup his cheek with his hands.