The rise.

HE really didn't know why he had driven here.Oberoi mansion.Was it because his dad specifically stressed about his Grandmothers illness or is it because he was informed about the condition of the Oberoi mansion in their absence,Shivaay didn't know. HE just impulsively drove here with no solid plan in his mind.

He was in two minds right now.He wanted to go inside to meet his dadi but on the other hand he didnot want to face anybody else even his mother.Realising that it would be less painful for everyone to avoid a meet at this point of Time,Shivaay started to walk away.

"I am sorry Dadi."he whispered to no one in particular.

He had walked only a few steps when a car's headlight flashed directly on his face.Ignoring it,Shivaay continued to walk ahead by the side of the door.

Swethlana turned to look at the figure as her car passed by it on the door. Commanding the driver to stop the car,she stepped out of it to confirm,It cant be him.Dont let it be Shivaay.

'Shivaay."She called out.Her call made Shivaay stop in his track.The knowledge that she saw him rushed through his mind. However he made no efforts to turn.

"Shivaay Singh Oberoi"Swethlana called out.Perhaps he was too scared to face her she rjoiced a her own thoughts.A person's fear was the biggest weapon that his enemy could ever have.she remisced her mothers words.However,She was surprised to see Shivaay turn calmly swinging his coat over his shoulder.

"Swethlana.Nice to meet you.Long time no see.HUh?"Shivaay walked towards her maintaining a stoic expression.

"What is the great Shivaay Singh Oberoi doing in my house?Dont you know that you are not allowed to enter the Oberoi mansion.?Bhool gaye?"She taunted.

"Ohh!! NO I remember. Actually,I was taking an evening walk and I myself don't know how I ended up here.Guess it is fate. And regarding Obeori mansion being your house,are you sure?"Shivaay countered.Seeing Swethlana's face pale at his words,he knew that he had hit her weakest nerve and her biggest fear.

Of being kicked out of the Oberoi mansion and loosing the luxuries that she indulged in now.

"What do you mean Shivaay?This is obviously my house."

"Well,it never hurts to confirm the documents from time to time. Kya pata kya nikal kar aajaye."Shivaay turned and walked away leaving a stunned Swethlana. His words had already started the fire inside her.Shivaay walked away smirking.He had just put across an ambiguous guess and Swethlana had played right into his hands.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shakti Singh Obeori paused for a second to gather his thoughts before walking into the Oberoi mansion.He could easily predict what scenario was waiting for him inside the door of the mansion. Probably Pinky and Swethlana would be arguing about something trivial.His brother would be siting in the main hall while files and paperworks were getting stacked in his office and his study for him to go through and approve.His mother might be in the gardens spending hours to trim and groom the plants properly.

He had predicted a lot of things but nothing could prepare him from the shock that he received as he entered his house.All the inhabitants of the Oberoi mansion were seated on the table with his mother at the head of it while his brother sat to her right and his wife sat on the left side of the table leaving a chair for him to occupy. As soon as his mother's eyes fell on him,he could sense the impatience and anticipation in those eyes.He slowly shook his head to indicate that he was not successful in getting Shivaay back. His mother slightly nodded and lowered her eyes back to her plate but one had to blind not to notice the sudden dullness in her eyes.But like always she had very gracefully accepted the truth.