Confrontations

Thank you guys for the wonderful comments and votes.Keep supporting and voting so that i am encouraged to give you updates on time.

Happy reading.

Not proof read.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Shivaay stood rooted to the spot with shock.He couldnt believe his eyes.He had always imagined his reaction when he will finally meet his brothers after a span of seven years.He had visualized it to be a happy emotional meet with smiles and cheer but he had certainly not expected the happenings and the hurt of that fateful day to come back to him.

"Hum jaante the ki tere liye business important hai, but tu iss had tak gir sakta hai yeh maine sapne mein bhi nahi socha tha"

"yakeen nahi hota ki tu humara bhai hai"

"Aaj tak jis insaan ko bhai kehne mein garv mehsoos kartha tha,aaj usse bhai bulane mein bhi sharam aa rha hai"

Shivaay's breath felt short and he felt like he couldnt get enough air while breathing.

Shivaay slid down to the floor with his back to the door. That day was like a storm in his life which washed him into the endless sea with nothing to hold on to. But then like sunshine in the darkest of times, destiny had given him a second chance at life-Anika. She was his second chance. A chance to live,to love and to get loved in return.But today he felt like was being pulled back to the dark pit of memories of the past which threatened to pull him down with it. 

As the flashback continued to play at the back of his mind he felt as if he was still in the Oberoi mansion, listening to those words.The words, the harsh tones, the accusation,the lack of trust-every detail from that day was so fresh in his mind and was continuously playing in a loop in front of his eyes.

'No Shivaay don't go there.You are supposed to be happy to meet your brother after so many years.Just forget everything...Let it go'.He tried to convince his mind to let go of the past and make a new beginning but probably for the first time in his life, he couldn't control his thoughts.He couldn't stop himself from repeatedly remembering the memories of that day and reliving the hurt of that day.An internal war was going on inside him between his brain and his heart.

On one hand he wanted to let go of the past and make a new beginning but on the other hand his heart was shielding itself against further hurt by repeatedly reminding him of the pain he had experienced on that day.

When Anika saw Shivaay slide down the door gasping for his breath,she knew what was exactly going on in his mind.He was recollecting the happenings of that day and she knew it for a fact seeing his expressions. The unfocused,glassy green eyes reminded her of the broken Shivaay he had been when she had bought him home on that day.

NO,No..shivaay don't go there.Intending to help him pull out of his memories,Anika kneeled beside his shaking form and held his arms but Shivaay didnot react to her touch.This was the first time he had not reacted to her touch and Anika could feel him slipping from her hands.He was shutting everyone out to hide his inner turmoil,including her by putting up the mask of cold indifference.As his better half for the last seven years,she had known his deepest fears and darkest memories. And now when he  was suddenly alienating her from himself,Anika felt as if somebody had slapped her.

Shivaay could sense Anika kneeling down beside him and her hand reaching out to his shoulder.He knew that she could sense the battle that was going on beneath him but now all he wanted was some solitude to sort out his muddled up thoughts.He didnot want to do say or do anything in the heat of the moment only to regret it later.