When the past comes knocking.

Thank you guys for the overwhelming support and love.💕😘Cant thank you guys enough for that.😘💕

Keep voting🌟 and commenting.😊

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anika had a hectic evening to be precise.As soon as she had came back from the hospital she had buried herself in the piles of files that needed to be approved by her before her journey to Mumbai tomorrow. Once she was done with that she had a conference call,a meeting and so many other appointments.In short, her evening schedule was so tightly packed that she couldn't spare even a minute to ponder over her reaction to the meeting with Dadi and Jhanvi.

It was almost 7:00pm, by the time Anika had managed to attend to every issue that needed her attention.Exhausted beyond measure,she did not have the energy to analyze her actions and nor did she have any enthusiasm left to talk to Shivaay.Deciding to take a short nap before doing the last minute packing for her journey, Anika climbed up the stairs to reach their bedroom only to discover that the room was already occupied by Naira who was speaking to her father on a video call.The father-daughter duo were busy discussing something very enthusiastically.

Anika stood at the door admiring her favorite people laugh on something which Naira had said. The bond between Shivaay and Naira was so special, that Anika couldn't help but wonder whether it was the same Shivaay who was once scared about not being a good father to Naira.In the earlier months, it was difficult for Shivaay to adjust to the new responsibilities of a father.He had never known what a father's love and care was,because his own father was too ignorant to notice little Shivaay.He had cried and even kept away from Naira in fear of hurting her but eventually the protective streak in him helped him overcome his fears.

Years later,now for Naira ,Shivaay is the first person that she runs to,when she has any problem.When Shivaay is around Naira, he is just Shivaay who is childish,caring, protective and who rarely looses his temper.It was almost like he was leading a duel life- one inside the house, where he was just a caring father, a loving husband but outside for the entire world he was Shivay Singh Oberoi.Anika could bet that his employees would be shocked out of their wits, if they ever got to see the person he was,inside their house.

Anika took off her blazer and watch and settled down on the bed beside Naira.Naira gave her a  smile acknowledging her presence and continued talking to her father. Being familiar with his inner fears and knowing how hard it was for Shivaay to go to Mumbai ,Anika couldn't bring herself to break the cheerful conversation he was having with his daughter to tell him something that would further upset him.

'Anika the more you postpone  the talk the harder it is going to get.'advised her mind.

Making up her mind to talk to Shivaay, Anika asked Naira 

"Naira,did you cross check that you have packed all the thing you need?nahi kiya to take Ratchel with you and make sure that you havent missed anything."

Naira hastly said goodbye to her father and jumped off the bed to check her bags.

Once Anika was sure that Naira was out of earshot,Anika turned the I-pad towards her.As soon as Shivaay saw Anika in front of the camera,he could decipher from her expressions that something was terribly wrong.His heart started beating faster and his mind started recalled the memories that Shivaay never wanted to recall.

Mr Oberoi,there is a great chance that your child will inherit your heart condition.We will obviously try our best but the possibility that your child will not make it through this journey of nine months is too big to ignore.