Suspicions.

Om gestured one of staff standing nearby to accompany Naira to her room.Once she was out of the room,Om walked ahead to stand near the glass doors which lead to the veranda. Crossing his arms near his chest,Om leaned against the glass walls calmly waiting for the impending conversation to start and decisions to be made.

Shakti's eyes were trained on Naira the whole time.But once she was out of the room,the haze which seemed to have surrounded him slowly melted away and the tension in the air started seeping in.It was probably the end of the road.He could have asked Om to convince his brother but now,seeing the rage in Om's eyes,Shakti knew that it was better to keep quiet.There was no doubt that Naira was equally adored by everyone and his act of dragging her into the controversy(although unknowingly) had certainly not earned him any support from anyone. Shivaay was furious and Om was not going to support him now.

No,Shakti.You cannot accept defeat like this.This is your last chance.There are so many people who are counting on you, to bring the obros back and make things all right.He motivated himself.

"Shivaay,please.Meine ye sab jaan boojkar nahi kiya.I didnot know about your daughter.I didn't know that it would be such a big issue."

Instead of Shivaay, it was Om who answered,"Whether or not you knew about Naira doesn't make a difference Chotte papa.Infact it only adds to your list of wrongs.You presumed that she was some random kid,still you didnot try to stop the media people from dragging a kid into the limelight just for their viewerships. In this case at-least Naira is an Oberoi and it concerns us.But what if she was an ordinary kid who was put through all these just because of your mistake with no fault of hers.What would have that kid's parents gone through in such a situation?Kabhi socha hai aapne?"

Shakti looked at Shivaay who was visibly at the end of his patience and tolerance level.He was just like a volcano all ready to burst.

Shakti turned to Anika,"Anika puttar.Atleast you can try to understand.I know that whatever I did was wrong at many levels and no amount of justification would be enough but the reason because of which I did so, was genuine. The Oberoi empire is slowly collapsing while the Oberoi family is already in ruins. Maa's guilt has been eating her from inside and the doctors are also giving up on her health.They say that there is no scope for improvement unless she herself wants to improve.She avoids her medicine and food.she is slowly burying herself in her shell.After her recent trip to London with Bhabi her health has further deteriorated."By now, both Shivaay and Om had their whole attention concentrated on his speech.Anika's eyes started filling up as she heard about dadi whom she considered no less than a mother.

"Anika,as a son I couldnt see her kill herself with guilt.The lines of right and wrong blurred for me and I had to do something. I couldnt handle everything alone, that is why I need all of them back.I sincerity didn't know that things would escalate to such a level so quickly.Come back to the Oberoi mansion, that is all I ask of you."Shakti turned to address Om"We all can atleast try to sort out our differences.I know it would be hard but it wouldn't be impossible. Infact If you want I can pull down all the pictures from the media and then together we can issue a statement the day you come back to the Obeori mansion.Think about it..."Shakti was interrupted by Shivaay.

"Even after all this,Dad you are still sticking on to your condition of issuing a statement only on our return?Do you think that you are in a position to negotiate in this deal?"

"I have to.I have no option."Shakti raised his voice but soon continued speaking to Anika,"Anika please.I need your help. No...NO...Not me the Oberoi family needs your help.Mein tumhare saamne haath jodta hoon.Please."Anika was shocked by Shakti's action.She quickly held his hands to prevent him from doing so, shaking her head from side to side.