The Homecoming.

Sorry for vanishing again.I had a family function to attend and when I got free,I discovered that my Wi-Fi had stopped working.

Sorry for the late update.As a compensation,there is going to be a double update.!!

Plenty of errors ahead.Not proof read. :)

Happy reading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though there was still time for the press conference to begin, the news reporter and the media had started gathering outside the Oberoi mansion.In between the photo flashes and the crowd,somehow,Rudra's car managed to make it inside the Oberoi mansion's gate.

"As you can see behind me. Rudra Singh Oberoi has arrived at the Oberoi mansion. Accompaning him is none other than his Wife Saumya Singh Obeori.As we all know even after their marriage, Mrs Oberoi has kept a relatively low profile.So even though it is not her first public appearance but we are still excited for the press conference to begin. Though we don't know the exact reason for the press conference, we can guess that it is something related to the controversy that has been brewing for the past few days.Stay tuned in for the latest updates."

While the atmosphere outside the Oberoi mansion was buzzing with activity, the atmosphere inside was a direct contrast to it. After the initial introductions and the excited welcoming words, the excitement had settled down. Each of them sat on the sofas of the Oberoi lounge in their own world not knowing how to cross the barriers that were created by the happenings of all these years. While some were weighed down with guilt the others were finding it hard to suppress the sting of the scars that were given by the ones they call 'family'.

Breaking out the silence in the room,Dadi turned to Saumya and started a conversation about the home remedies useful during pregnancy. Seeing a chance to escape this awkward settling, Pinky too sprung up from her seat and walked away mumbling excuses about how she needs to check on some last minute preparations, not before pulling Shakti too with her. Jhanvi too excused herself saying that she need to do some unpacking before Om comes back, leaving behind only Rudra and Tej.

Both the father and son could sense the awkwardness of the whole situation. While Tej was looking for a way to start the conversation, Rudra was trying to find an excuse to escape from the hall ASAP. Unable to bear the awkwardness anymore, Rudra pulled out his phone and pretended to type something into it.Tej observed his son typing into the phone.

"Umm...How are you?"Tej finally decided to initiate a conversation.

"Fine."Rudra replied in monosyllabic. He did not know what else he was supposed to add. Not that he and his dad were that close.

"How is the shooting going?"

"Good."

"Umm.. I saw your last film. That thriller one. Your acting was .. good.. yaa good."Tej was surprised when he realized that he did not know how to complement his son. He was not that involved in his son's life and was not familiar with the concept of complementing. He hardly appreciated someone's efforts or complemented for their good work. Not his employees and not even his own children. Tej realized suddenly.

Rudra turned to face his dad at the uncharacteristic appreciation from him.He was not someone who would appreciate them for something. It was always his Shivaay bhaiyya who found out the smallest of their achievements and appreciated them for their achievements.

"Thanks... And Mr Oberoi the thriller film that I did is three films old. It was released almost two years ago." Rudra clarified.

"Oh!!Looks like I was too busy in the board meetings and other stuff that I couldn't keep up with the latest updates.."Tej chuckled but soon stopped realizing that his attempts to joke were coming out to be outright pathetic.