Rikara

Gauri turned her sides when the bright sun rays touched her face. If it was any other day she would have have gotten up from the bed to enjoy the sunrise. But today she was too exhausted to even get up from the bed. Burying her face further into the pillow she stretched her arm to Ohm's side of the bed but was surprised to meet with cold and empty sheets.Suddenly all her sleep vanished away and sat upright leaning against the head board.

Yeh Om kahan chala gaya?

Throwing the sheets aside,she slipped on her footwear and was about to go and search for Om when she heard a crashing sound of a vessel from the kitchen.

So he is in the kitchen.

Relieved, she went to the washroom to freshen up.

Meanwhile Om had woken up this morning with a throbbing headache. He was about to ask Gauri for a cup of coffee when he saw her sleeping peacefully. Not wanting to disturb her sleep, he quietly sneaked into the kitchen to prepare coffee. After a strong coffee,his headache was gone but soon another problem resurfaced he was hungry.So he decided to prepare the day's breakfast before Gauri wakes up. All was going well until a big vessel slipped from his hands and clattered on to the floor.

Now Gauri will definitely wake up.

Gauri entered the kitchen when Om was making the Spanish omelets.

"Good morning"Gauri greeted.

"Good morning"Om wished Gauri with a smile.

"Shall I help?"Gauri offered.

"No thanks.I am almost done. By the way aren't you forgetting something?"Om asked looking at Gauri with an raised eyebrow look.

"Kya, nahi toh. mein kuch bhi nahi bhool rahi."

"You should probably thank me because I made the breakfast today when it was your turn to prepare the  breakfast."

Both of them were late wakers,so breakfast was usually rushed and unorganized. So in order to tackle this problem, they had agreed on alternate formula.They would prepare the breakfast every alternate day. Gauri clearly remembered that today was Om's turn. so leaning on to the kitchen top, she continued,

"Nahi mein kuch nahi bhool rahi hoon. Looks like you are  the one who forgot that today was your turn to make the breakfast, not mine"

Om looked at Gauri confused but soon everything clicked in..

"Haww.I thought I will atleast get a thanks for all these efforts par lagta hai vo bhi nahi milega"

"Aww, Om you look like a little kid who is disappointed in not getting his favorite candy.Anyways, let me help you."

"No, mein mazak kar rha tha. You pick up the newspaper tab tak i will lay the table."

"Ok then, I will pick up the newspaper."

Gauri walked to the front door and took out the newspaper from the mail box. As she scanned through the headlines, she stopped on the article containg bhaiyya's photo. Instinctively,she called out to Om"Om bade bhaiyya ka photo hai newspaper mein."

Abandoning all the work he rushed to her side to have a look at the picture .

He took the newspaper from her hands to have a closer look and sat down on the couch to read the whole interview.Gauri sat by his side on the same couch leaning in to have a better view of the interview.

"Om yeah special someone kaun hai bade bhaiyya ke life mein?"Gauri asked curiously.

"Who knows..I just hope ki voh Tia jaisi na ho. Tumhe pata hai ek wakht tha jab Shivaay ke zindagi mein kya chal rha hai voh hum bhaiyyoon ko shivaay se bhi pehle pata chal jata tha. Ab sab kuch badal gaya hai. Kuch bhi pehle jaisa nahi rha."Om replied with his concentration still on the article and photo.

"Om, why don't we try to contact him. We can trace him using his Ayka groups headquarters. Now that he is public figure,there is a greater chance that we will be able to find him right?"

"There is no use Gauri. Koi faida nahi hai. Jab dhoondh rha tha tab mila nahi ,ab kahan milega? Sab kuch badal gaya hai aur use koi bhi theek nahi kar akta hai."

"Kuch bhi pehle jaisa nahi raha ye mein samajti hoon par kuch pehle jaisa nahi hoga ,agar tum yeh kehena chahthe ho to mein nahi samaj sakti. You will be able to locate him , if you try Om. The thing is you don't  try or is it that you don't want to try?"Gauri tried putting some sense into her husband's head who was determined not to let go of his guilt and rectify things.

"Haan, I don't want to try because I can't face him after all that. I did not trust him and lashed out at him. Pata nahi meine use kya kya kaha. Jab sach pata chala, I thought I will find him, apologize, bring him back and everything will be back to normal. Par abh, hum dono ke beech mein 7 saath saaloon ke dooriyaan hai. I just don't know what am I going to tell him after meeting him. I don't know how he will react.I just don't know him anymore."Om trailed off in a low voice.

"Anyways, voh sab chodo.You start your breakfast, I will just be back."saying so, Om walked towards his home studio with the newspaper. 

Standing in front of his storage shelf,he reached out his hand behind some paints and took a folder which was hidden behind the large paint bottles.. The folder containing newspaper clippings of Shivaay's award functions photos, Rudra's movie posters, Rudra's interviews etc.He neatly cut away the newspaper article and clipped it with the rest safely. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gauri knew very well, where Om had gone with the newspaper. She had figured out his secret collection ,about 6 months ago. It all started with the random disappearance of newspaper sheets,sometimes the whole newspaper. Though at first it had seemed like a random event soon she noticed the pattern. The newspapers or the pages disappeared only on those days which had an article on bade bhaiyya or rudy. But the real discovery came on the day, she was cleaning Om's studio. She had accidentally stumbled upon a file behind the paints. Thinking that it was probably one of Om's art records, she opened it and boy, she was in for a surprise. She knew that he missed them but this was really unexpected. The mystery had been solved.Om was behind the great newspaper mystery. She didn't want to intrude upon Om's personal space and make it seem like she was spying, so she safely kept the folder back in its place and pretended like nothing had happened.

That day she realized two things- firstly, her husband was behind the great newspaper disappearance mystery.Secondly, the Obros bond was really strong and nothing would be able to destroy it.Not seven years ,not miles of physical distance.

***********************************************************************************************

This chapter is dedicated to all those who liked and commented on my previous chapter. Your comments really made my day. Thank you so much.😊😊

Next update:7 August 2017😀

Keep supporting and don't forget to hit the little star on the top and leave your comments.☺☺