Omkara

I know that I was supposed to update this story earlier but some unexpected things came up and I got busy. 

Note:This whole update is super impromtu and impulsive,typed all of this while waiting for my connecting flight.So please no Chamelis, Chandinis or jhaaps.😅

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 30 pm,Australia

Omkara is seen pacing across the living room of his apartment.

Why is she not picking up the phone?She is not answering my calls since afternoon...Yeh ladki bhi na .I  just hope everything is fine.

Om you are unnecessarily taking tension. It is quite possible that she is stuck in some important work. Argued his brain.

Important work this late, not possible, because the her office timings are till 7. It is three hours past the office time so office work not possible.

Or maybe she is gone for shopping or to visit her friend.

Wherever she is gone she could have at least called or left a message to inform me ..par nahi.. Kuch bataya bhi nahi.

Mr Omkara Singh Oberoi shaant ho jao. You are behaving like those typical husbands who say ki raat ke das baje se pehle laut aana and stuff.

No. Mein typical husband nahi noon. Haan, maybe I am a protective husband isliye chinta hoti hai mujhe, she should have at least informed me ki voh ghar late aayegi, toh  mein itna pareshaan nahi hora hota.

Calm down Omkara voh aajayegi. You go and complete your next order.

Haan I should probably do that otherwise I am going to go mad with worry.

As Omkara sat down to complete his art piece his thoughts were occupied by his wife. Gauri.Marrying her was the best decision he took . She filled so many colours in his life. She introduced him to so many shades of life, some which he himself didnot know that ever existed.

Five years!! Yes five years ago he met Gauri at one of the art exhibitions in Austrailia.She was just like an opposite version of himself. .She had awakened the dormant artist in him, who had not even lifted a brush after what happened in the Oberoi mansion.She taught him to live in the present and consider each day as a new book.She was the anchor that kept him from drowning in his ocean of guilt.

 He couldn't even imagine his life if he had not met Gauri at that exhibition.The mere thought of losing her ignited a fear saw raw that a shiver ran down his spine. 

The sound of opening of the front door and the tinking of her anklets alerted Omkara of Gauri's presence.

"Om"

It was almost like a natural instinct to reply to her call, but today he gathered all his will power and kept quiet, pretending to be engrossed in his work.

"Om"She repeated. He knew that she was coming to his room , judging by her approaching footsteps.

Suddenly the door flew open and Gauri rushed inside the room with a file. Her long hair was left open bounced at her steps. 

"Oh you are sitting here and I am searching the whole house like a fool. anyway, leave that, I have a good news. Guess karo?"Gauri said enthusiastically.Her eyes had a twinkle and her steps had an extra skip in it.

Seeing her happiness and enthusiasm,Om was getting weaker in his resolve to not talk to Gauri to make her realize her mistake. All he wanted to do now was to forget all the things and be happy at her happiness.