Conspiracies

Thank you guys for your likes and comments.😘😘

Special thanks to all those who gave their suggestions for the title of the previous chapter.There were so many choices and I couldn't decide.Thank you so much for helping out.

Keep voting🌟 and commenting.😀

Happy reading.💗  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gauri walked into her office at sharp 9:15. Fervently praying that she was not late,she hurried inside the office.

Seeing that the office was almost empty except for a few junior employees,Gauri asked the young receptionist, the reason.

"Gauri maam,everybody is in the conference hall.Our head has already arrived so I guess the meeting has almost started."Gauri felt her worst fears coming true.She ran to the conference room.She ran with such a speed that she crashed on to the door with a force that it swung open suddenly stunning everyone in the room. Gauri stumbled into the room and looked around to see all the people sitting at the conference table staring at her.

Anika who was confused at the sudden intrusion, looked to her right at Shilpa.Shilpa awkwardly introduced Gauri.

"Gauri,she is the head designer"

Anika looked towards the young lady standing at the door clutching the files so hard,as if her life depended on them.Though she had a confident mask on,her tight hold on her files were betraying her true state of mind.

She resembles someone I know.Thought Anika. But as much as she thought she couldn't remember that person to whom this lady had a resemblance to.

After Gauri took her seat,Anika cleared her throat and announced.

"So,I think we have discussed all the issues.All of you are expected to make the necessary changes that were discussed,in your departments and report the progress to me tomorrow.You can go now."

As all of them stood from their chairs to disperse,Anika's voice interrupted them.

"Ms Gauri please stay back."

Gauri's face drained all its color at the statement.Shilpa who was passing by,whispered an 'All the best' in her ears.

Will she fire me.Shankar jee bacha lena.

Gauri kept the files back at the table and took her seat.

"You are late."Anika said.

"I am sorry maam. Actually there was so much traffic on the road and..."she stopped herself from speaking further. 'Bas kar Gauri,kitna bolegi'Gauri chided herself.

"Relax Gauri.I asked you to stay back because I wanted to know the current status of the preparation and in the absence of the other head you are next in-charge.So some more departments like the venue etc will come under you even though it is not the work of a head designer."

"Yes,I understand maam.I have cross checked all the arrangements.Everything is fine except the venue arrangement.There was some last minute changes in the schedule which lead to a major confusion.It should be sorted out by today."

They were interrupted by Ria who was there to remind Anika of some appointment.

"Ok fine Gauri.Please do make sure that you sort it out asap.We are already running behind the schedule."said Anika while standing up from the chair.