Choices and Consequeces

The Oberoi mansion was bristling with activities while Shakti stood at one corner of the room leaning against a pillar observing the scene in front of him. The whole army of Oberoi servants were running here and there. While some were pulling down the curtains, some were changing the cushion covers while the rest were polishing the huge chandelier that was lowered so that it could be cleaned efficiently. And in the center of the room stood the lady who was coordinating the whole activity. His mother.

Although,they had not heard from Shivaay as of yet,she was not leaving any stone unturned to ensure that the welcoming of her grandchildren were perfect.

All these years,Oberoi mansion had hosted many parties ranging from purely business ones to the strictly personal ones.Infact the Oberois were known for their flawless parties.The mansion had seen it all but there was something different in today's atmosphere.Th eair was hticker with anticipation and the details were taken care of to the last dot.Maybe he was feeling so,  because the Oberoi mansion was going to witness one of the biggest celebration that ever happened in the Oberoi mansion.The return of their children. Omkara Rudra Priyanka. They were coming back after seven years so it went without saying that their welcome had to be extra ordinary.How he wished that his Shivaay was there too. But that would always remain a wishful dream never intending to come true. Shakti reminded himself.

Admist all these celebration there was some face who went unnoticed. While the whole mansion was celebrating the return of the the Oberoi clan, Pinky sat in one of the sofas with a lifestyle magazine open on her lap.Her mother in law had asked her to select the designs for the party tomorrow and when she protested stating her different tastes, or the lack of it, according to others, she was handed over this magazine to refer to and suggest. So she was absentmindedly going through the magazine just hoping that this whole circus comes to an end asap and she will be free to retire to the privacy of her room.

No, she was not angry about Om's, Rudra's and Priyanka's return. She was happy but not ecstatic. She loved them. She loved them because they were her nephews and niece. So naturally, she cared for them but never as much as she loved Shivaay. Shivaay. It was a known fact that she loved Shivaay more than she loved anything else in the world. And her extra care and little bias was natural,right? After all she had given Birth to him. Shivaay was her son. The son who had made her a mother. A son who called her Mom. Her son who loved her.

Pinky never knew what love was. So she never had dreams about a prince charming who would come on a white horse, to sweep her off her feet. Never. She knew that she was going to be wed off to someone who would seem as an eligible match for her to her parents. So when she met a young Shakti she was charmed. He had all she wanted. He was calm,good looking, educated and most importantly had a good family background. Every one of her friends teased her about how lucky she was and how she was going to live like a queen for the rest for her life. She blushed hearing their remarks and for the first time in her life dreamt of love.Dreamt of a family of hers.Not much.A husband who loved her and their children who respected her a much as they loved her.

But her rose tinted glasses and her dreams were soon broken shortly after her wedding . She was brought down to reality when she attended a kitty party that she was introduced into.Being the young naive woman that she was, she had no idea about what she was going to encounter. The subtle remarks about her lack of education and broken English soon turned into open scathing remarks while she could only watch helplessly. That day pinky realized the true nature of the seemingly rosy world that she had dreamt of. That was the first blow to her self confidence.It was only the tip of the iceberg.

What followed, were the newspaper articles about the younger Oberoi bahu and how unworthy she was of that title. Each one of them compared her to the Older Oberoi bahu who was one of the most classiest woman in their circle.Still Pinky stood strong. She knew that she had a lot of people who actually loved her for what she was and the way she was.That belief turned out to be biggest mistake of her life because when her husband started to exclude her from the parties that he attended,he blow was too painful. When questioned, he had admitted in rage that he was ashamed of what she was.That was the final blow to her.She no longer was the old self confident self.She had molded herself into someone who she was not.She withdrew herself from every social gathering and tried to make herself as inconspicuous as possible from the social circle.