Homecoming (Part B)

The young reporter shifted her weight uncomfortably from one foot to the other. When her senior had asked her to cover the Oberoi press conference she was thrilled beyond measure. It was an opportunity that none in their right state of mind, would let go but it was only a few hours ago that she discovered that she was supposed to cover the event from outside the Oberoi mansion while a senior reporter will be covering the actual event.

She looked around and saw that most of the media crowd outside the Oberoi mansion were young, probably juniors like her.They had been standing in the heat for about three hours eagerly waiting for the Oberoi brothers to make an appearence.They had covered the youngest Obeori's arrival but the second one had managed to escape the media by coming in from the back gate. She should have stood at the back gate. She realized.

Now, their last hope was the eldest one, Shivaay Singh Oberoi.

She had always wondered why the Oberois had so much media attention on them even though they were not treated to the entertainment industry. They were basically a business family. What could be soo interesting about them, that even entertainment portals rushed with their latest news. The Oberois were always in the eyes of the media. Perhaps it was because the youngest generation of the Oberois were too good looking for their own good. Just look at them. The three brothers were handsome beyond a doubt. The eldest with his cold sauve personality, the second Oberoi with his calm, artistic look and the youngest with looks that could kill.

But of course she knew better, even if the first reason was a factor,still the main reason was the fact that the Oberois had a branched into almost every industry. So their family and their family dynamics will make a great impact on the empire, which in turn will affect the market in general.

"Do you think that the rumor about Jashn's owner attending the press conference, is true?" A reporter standing beside her asked to no one in particular. They had been standing here for about three hours so they had developed a basic sense of familiarity with the people around them.

There was a rumor about the Jashn's owner attending the conference which was started by their own colleagues who were inside the mansion. It had all started when they saw the name plate titled "CEO Jashn" on the table.Of course almost immediately, the rumors were rubbished. Why on Earth would the CEO known for keeping out of the limelight attend such an event which hardly has any relation with her?

"I don't think it is true. Why would she come here? She doesn't even make an appearance in her own events. She always prefers to be in the backgrounds. She hardly doesn't do any interview and does no media appearances. I don't think that she would give it all up for a mere press conference that has nothing to do with her."

"Maybe the Oberois invited her." Someone from the crowd suggested.

"Firstly, I don't think Shivaay Singh Oberoi would invite someone to his family's press conference to whom he lost at the last award function. And secondly even if he does, why would she accept it?"

Their conversation was interrupted when a car drove into the Oberoi mansions drive way.as expected Shivaay Singh Oberoi got out of the car and walked over to the other side to open the door. A young girl of about 6 stepped out and the cameras started flashing not wanting to waste a potential breaking news. But what followed was far more of a scoop than they imagined. The CEO of Jashn stepped out of Shivaay Singh Oberoi's car? 'How is this possible?' Was the question that many had in their minds.

The CEO's personal life was under tight wraps. Could it be that she was married to Shivaay Singh Oberoi? They wondered.

Not caring about the camera flashes or the reporters Shivaay walked to the other side of the car and opened the door for Naira and Anika.He held naira's hand and held out his other hand to Anika to help her step out of the car.Anika was almost blinded by the continuous flash lights when she turned to face the media crowd. Naira was safe as she was hidden behind the car.