Shivika

"How did you know that I would be here?" asked Shivaay still looking out of the window.

Anika smiled lightly. "Khanna had called to tell me that you have driven off to some place without security. I just....knew that you would be home". Anika answered. When she had got a panicked Khanna's call her heart could just come up with one place where Shivaay would be. Home. She did not know what made her follow her heart and rush straight home but she was glad that she followed her intuition.

"Kya hua?". Asked Anika.

Shivaay tensed at the question. He did not want to open that topic again so he casually shrugged and replied" kuch bhi nahi hua.". Though Shivaay was still looking out of the window and she could not see his face properly Anika could sense that something was definitely wrong. Something major which made Shivaay Singh Oberoi leave office at the middle of the day and drive home.

Getting out of his hold, Anika turned to face him and crossed her arms.

"You really think Shivaay that I will buy your 'kuch bhi nahi hua' statement now? Come on Shivaay I know you a little too well to buy that." Shivaay mentally cursed himself for not being able to hide anything from Anika. Realizing that she was adamant to know the truth he started.

"Bas Mumbai ka naam sunke purani yaade waapas aayi.Uss din ki yaad aayi.."

"Hum jaante the ki tere liye business important hai, but tu iss had tak gir sakta hai yeh maine sapne mein bhi nahi socha tha"

"yakeen nahi hota ki tu humara bhai hai"

"Aaj tak jis insaan ko bhai kehne mein garv mehsoos kartha tha,aaj usse bhai bulane mein bhi sharam aa rha hai"

Shivaay's eyes started filling up. Anika moved closer to Shivaay and held his fore arms.

"I can't face their hatred anni, I can never forget those words, those accusing eyes ... everything is still fresh in my mind. It feels like these seven years never happened and I am still in the Oberoi mansion lounge listening to those words.I...I cannot go back to Mumbai . That day gave me a lifetime's hurt. I cannot face it again. If it happens again I won't be able to cope up with it, it will break me. "Shivaay leaned his head on to her shoulder and whispered the last part. Strangely standing there with Anika close by seemed to work like magic. The feeling of loss,despair and pain which was there in his heart suddenly vanished. It was replaced by something magical, something indescribable. He felt like he was safe and no force would harm him as long as Anika was by his side.

Anika straightened up Shivaay and cupped his cheeks with her hands.

"Shivaay till when will you keep running from your fears and nightmares. Face them Shivaay or they will continue to haunt you for the rest of your life. You have ran away from Mumbai for long now its time to go back and set things right. Who knows maybe they all have realized the truth that you are innocent."

"And on top of it its Ayka group's first venture into the Indian market. If you are not present at the flagoff event the media will have a field day at your cost."

She tried putting logic into Shivaay's mind so that he would go to Mumbai and face his fears.

She saw that Shivaay was staring blankly at her as if in deep thought. She reached forward and held his hand and squeezed it a little. This bought Shivaay out of his reverie and he continued in a lost tone.

"Pata hai, sometimes I wonder how things would have been if that day hadn't happened. What would have happened if they believed me rather than those false documents and proofs? Did they not know their brother? Why?"