The truth.

Not proofread.  So please bear with me.  Do leave your comments and votes.

Happy reading😘

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Dadi was shook out of her thoughts when she felt a hand on her shoulder.She turned to see Priyanka standing behind her with a worried expression.

"Kya hua Dadi"

"Kuch nahi puttar,bas puraani baatein yaad kar rahi hoon.Agar tum nahi hoti toh, pata nahi kya hota?God knows"

Priyanka's mind went into a flashback of what happened a week after her Shivaay Bhaiyya's banishment.

     ----------------------------------------------------------------------

A week after Shivaay's banishment.

Priyanka Singh Oberoi loved her brother. There was no doubt on that. But she also valued the principles and values that Dadi had taught her which included supporting the truth. She did not understand her family members who were ready to put the lives of millions at risk in fear of destroying her chances of getting marriage proposals from reputed families. . In fear of destroying the legacy of the Oberois. Though her Bhaiyya had been punished for his deed, this report needed to be bought to the public eye and into the eyes of the law. So she had called up the sleepy ACP Ranveer at 5 in the morning to meet her at a local coffee shop.She was well aware of the dire consequences of her actions. This single news could wreck her future, destroy her family legacy and business etc but truth was equally important wasn't it? So sidelining all her thoughts she decided to follow her heart and give all the proofs to ACP Ranveer.

Reaching the coffee shop, she chose the corner table as the thing she was going to do was to be an utmost secret.Nobody should know the fact that it was she who handed over the proofs to the police, in case a controversy arose tomorrow questioning the origin of the proofs.

As soon as Ranveer greeted her and took the seat opposite to her, she came to point and told him all the happenings of yesterdays night.Ranveer was surprised to say the least. He had admitted that the tip off that he got about the health reports were proved false when Shivaay Singh Oberoi submitted the safety certificate that was awarded to the Oberoi foods from the food safety department.

"I know that bhaiyya had shown you a certificate but it is fake. He had bribed the officials for the certificate."

"How can you be so sure Priyanka?"asked Ranveer confused as Priyanka was speaking against her own brother. It was not a hidden fact that the Oberoi family's internal dynamics was a total mess but the bond between the younger generation was equally strong. 

"Because I have a lab report from a private lab which states the presence of toxic chemicals in the food sample."Priyanka said and forwarded the file to Ranveer.

Ranveer opened the file and went through all of the documents.He finally put the file down and calmly explained to Priyanka.

"Look Priyanka there are two options now. Either as you said, your brother must have bribed the officials to surpass the safety procedures and that this report is true. Or that the report shown to em by your brother is legitimate and this report was somebodies plot to target the Oberois or a particular Oberoi"Priyanka was about to intervene when Ranveer raised his right hand to stop her and continued.

"The first case is highly unlikely because the the safety procedures involve a lot of levels of checking and many officials. You cannot bribe them all. And secondly your report is of a private testing lab while the other one was of a government testing centre. So naturally in the eyes of law the other report is the the more credible one."