Lost in time.

Rudra pushed away the memories that were returning to him...Of happier times, Of laughter, joy and innocence. He tried to focus on the steps in front of him but the tears were blurring his vision. The sobs were building up within him and his heart was hurting not able to control all the emotions in them. He certainly didn't want to burst out crying on the staircase of a apartment building because he did not want anybody to see him like this ...So vulnerable. The world still viewed a man's tears as a sign of his weakness and he did not want to be perceived to be weak. To be naive. He was not weak. He would fight. He would survive. He did not need anybody. His mind reminded him.

Finally after stumbling over one or two steps, he sat down on the next step and kept the package on the step beside him. It was almost dark and not many people were outside their house. His heart felt so heavy as if someone had put rocks into it and it was weighing him down. Finally he rested his hands against the hands rested on his elbows and finally let the tears flow and welcomed the memories which followed.

He remembered the first time he had come into this building.

--------------------------------------Flashback--------------------------------------------

Floor 12

"O mera aaj ka cardio ho gaya." A younger Rudra shouted at his elder brother leaning against the wall near the staircase. "At least now tell us where you are taking us or I am not moving an inch from this place."

"Yes,Om bata kahan jaa rahe hai hum. Is everything fine?"his Bhaiyya asked, evidently exhausted from all the climbing.

Finally after 12 floors,O paused and turned."Guys, Just two floors more. Then I will tell you everything."

"O,6th floor se aap yahi keh rahe ho.Just two floors more. Just two floors. I am not moving from this place until you give me an answer."Huffed Rudra.

Knowing that there was no use in arguing with his younger brother, Om turned to Shivaay and pleaded him to trust him. Shivaay sighed and continued climbing the steps. Seeing his elder brother move, Rudra also rushed behind.

Rudra sighed.It all stated when his artistic brother had suddenly called up around 11 am when he was in college and asked him to come outside the college gate. Since his latest girlfriend Pooja had skipped college today, he was getting bored, so he thought that some uncomprehendable Shayaris will not do any harm other than adding to his boredom. After picking him up,Om drove to the Oberoi headquarters to find Shivaay Bhaiyya standing at the entrance with his PA close behind. Shivaay Bhaiyya was giving order to his PA while pointing to some figures in the file in his hands. Evidently,his brother was not having a free day. But as soon as O's car drove into the driveway, he rushed towards the rear door and sat inside the car abandoning all the work,for them. Then his Zulfi Singh Oberoi drove to this apartment building and started climbing the stairs inspite of the availability of the lift. Having no choice, Shivaay Bhaiyya and he also followed him. But now, they had climbed 12 floors and were all panting and had run out of their patience. They had no clue and O's silence was not helping either.

By the time they reached the 14th floor, he were heavily panting and sweating. All of them stopped for a second,to catch their breath.

Rudra bend over his knees and panted. Aaj gym nahi jaana padega.Workout done.

He looked in front of him to see an empty corridor. He turned his head sideways to see Om who was standing there smiling so broadly as if he had just reached the top of mount Everest.

Is he gone mad. Kya dikhaane aaye the?Yeh empty corridor?but there is nothing special in this corridor. Shaayad inka artistic view se kuch khaas hoga.