four

I woke to the smell of food. I opened my eyes to Quinn sitting on my bed with a soft smile. In her hand she held a large take out bag.

"Good morning! It's already 11am, so come eat some breakfast. I got your favourite!" She sang as she left my room with the food. 

Had I really slept that long? I must have needed it to make up for the sleep I missed out on before. My stomach hurt from sudden hunger so I dragged myself out of bed. I rubbed the last of my sleep from my eyes as I padded out of my bedroom and plopped myself into the stool that sat at the counter.

"Here you go!" Quinn placed an iced coffee, utensils and an open takeout box in front of me that held my favourite thing for breakfast. 

The breakfast box was a local café's speciality. It was filled with a croissant BLT, bacon and sausages, scrambled eggs, fruit salad and mini pancakes with berries dusted in icing sugar. It was Quinn's way of cheering me up. She probably noticed my car since our parking spots were right beside each other plus I'm sure my mood this morning was more depressing than usual.

"Thanks, Q." My lips pulled to a soft smile at her kindness. 

Quinn took her spot on the stool next to me with her breakfast. "I was a bit concerned when I noticed you were home. I wondered if you blew up on a customer and got fired." She teased about the last part before stuffing her mouth with a mini pancake.

I smiled as I played with my eggs with the fork. "I had a lot on my mind and dealing with a difficult customer was kind of the last straw."

"Want to talk about what's on your mind?"

I sighed, preparing for her reaction. "I got a message from the sugar baby app. One I'm heavily considering."

Quinn gasped, dropping her fork into her take out box. "Are you serious?! We'll be sugar baby besties together?!" Quinn squealed excitedly as she wrapped her slim arms around my shoulders.

I couldn't help the small smile on my lips. "If I like her. She wants to meet to go over details for the arrangement but I need help writing a reply."

My best friend pulled back to give me dumbfounded look. "You haven't replied? Seriously, Bri?" She gave a light smack on my head with a sigh before she went back to her breakfast.

"I'm nervous! What if I'm not what she's expecting or she's a total weirdo?" I looked my eggs that finally made their way onto my fork before popping them into my mouth. "I don't even know if I want to be a sugar baby." 

Quinn gave me another look, this time with annoyance. "Don't talk with your mouth full. And I'm sure everything will go fine because the weirdos and creeps don't really bother with us because we can get the real deal."

I nodded slightly as she did have a point. I wasn't the type to boast about how I looked but Quinn however knew and flaunted that she was drop dead gorgeous. Her long straight onyx hair, high cheek bones, dark almond eyes surrounded by thick and long lashes weren't even scratching the surface her naturally beautiful looks. Honourable mentions was her slim figure and long legs that killed men when she wore heels and a mini skirt. Damn, she even killed me and I never looked at her in a romantic way. 

But being her best friend had made me quickly realize that I had a lot of potential in my looks. It truly hit me that I was attractive when Quinn and I each had a similar amount of hot guys interested in us in high school and when we would go out to the club. I liked how I looked and there wasn't anything I wanted to change. Sure, I didn't have the greatest eating habits before but Quinn was helping me with that and it wasn't like I was overweight because of it. I supposed being on my feet at day as a server helped with that.