forty

Hey babes! 🥰

⚠️ smut hehe. btw I've been wanting to do this one for a while bc it was in the og and I thought it was so hot omg 🥵😩

It had been a few days since the events with Jack. Layla had been more than supportive, tending to my every tiny whim and touching me lovingly whenever there was an opportunity. I certainly wasn't complaining. 

My only complaint was that it was nothing more than that. Always gentle fingers threading in my hair or a hand resting on my waist protectively. No longer rough grabs of possessive desire or lingering touches that showed the intention for more. 

Layla had always been accommodating to my emotions and from the recent events, surely she didn't want to pressure me about it. After all, I was drugged by Jack who tried to force himself on me. 

But I was craving her. 

Each touch was testing my patience as I waited for the escalation that never happened. Very frustrating. 

A lot of time was spent those few days doing whatever we wanted. The first day Layla took me on an exhausting shopping spree. The second I requested a marathon of my favourite childhood movies which in turn made me a bit more reclusive and needy for affection. 

The third day we went on a drive for hours, talking about anything and everything, including what happened with Jack. The weather was warm and sunny, the water reflecting the sunlight almost blinding me in the passenger seat. 

I was the one who had brought it up which seemed to surprise her. "Did you kill Jack?"

Layla was taken back by the question, glancing at me quickly to see my calm expression. She took a moment before speaking. "Would it change the way you see me if I did?"

Her question made me pause even though the answer wanted to push itself out immediately. There was very little she could do to make me view her in any sort of negative light. "No."

Her gaze stayed on the road but her expression seemed to relax as she nodded. "I killed him."

No matter the question, she would answer it honestly even it was blunt but it meant a lot to me. I nodded and turned to gaze out the window. "I'm glad you did."

"Brielle." Her voice was stern, like she was scolding me. But when I looked at her, her lips were pressed together. "That's-" she cut herself off with a chuckle. "Apologies, my love... ha ha."

My lips pulled into a smile, pleased to see her laughing. She was just as exhausted than me when everything went down with Jack but she never once complained or seemed inconvenienced. Layla was more than I ever wanted but I was spoiled and selfish, so I had no plans of letting her go again. And it seemed she felt the same as me. 

"Why do you have those files of me?" Another blunt question but it needed to be said. 

This question seemed to shake her more than the last. Her face dropped, to one I couldn't read. "Brielle, those..." She trailed off as she stared out the windshield. 

My hand came to hers. "Layla, I'm not upset about them."

Her face didn't change, hands tightening slightly on the steering wheel. "You should be."

My hand removed itself from hers and I leaned back in my seat with a sigh. "It's not that big of a deal."

Layla scoffed. My brows furrowed, thinking that what she did was slightly rude. "Brielle, you really are going to be the death of me. I would ask you to be more cautious of other people but I'm afraid I may need to hire someone to babysit you."