thirty one

⚠️ finally, some smut lol

The rest of the drive was awkwardly quiet. Music from the radio played softly through the speakers but did little to help ease the light tension. Layla still held my hand as we pulled up to a gate.

She stopped the car before the speaker before she punched in a code and the large iron gates slowly pushed open. The fact that I was about to go to Layla's home had already dawned on me but the reality of it still hit me hard. There was no doubt her house would be impressive since we started off at a gate.

The car slowly pulled through the driveway until the house came into view. To say it was a mansion seemed too vague. Let's not forget to mention that in front of her house was beautiful fountain with a large pool that was too shallow for swimming. Along the wide width of the house were perfectly tended gardens bordered by perfectly squared hedges.

The mansion itself was incredibly grand, more than I imagined it would be. Four columns stood at the top of the steps, providing a veranda before the front door. Layla pulled up just before the steps then parked the car.

"Come on. You probably want to change into something more comfortable." Layla commented before she got out of the car. I followed while I continued to stare at the place. The place slightly reminded me of France only more simple which seemed to suit Layla's tastes; luxurious and tasteful.

As we ascended up the several stairs, I thought to myself how Layla could own a house so big. Even if Carlos lived with her, it seemed so excessive. Then again... didn't her "true princess" live with her? The anxiety of potentially running into her made me distracted from the interior as Layla guided me in.

"Brielle." My body turned to see her looking at me with a concerned look. "What's bothering you?"

An awkward chuckle left me as I became uncomfortable. Layla was always honest with me so I wanted to do the same in return. Plus, it was pointless to lie to her since she'd likely notice right away.

"Oh... well I thought maybe you're, uh, girlfriend might be here..." My face turned away, not being able to hold eye contact. Slight nausea came over me though it was likely due to the alcohol in my system.

"Huh?" Layla paused for a moment. "But you're my girlfriend?"

It was definitely the only time I saw Layla truly stumped and confused. Her brows pulled together as she was trying to calculate something.

Then she puffed out a laugh as she failed to hold it back. She continued to chuckle as I glared at her. "Sorry, princess. I was caught off guard by your question."

My body turned away from her as my lips pushed out in a pout. "Hmph." Even though I was pouting, I felt relieved. There was actually no other sugar baby who I shared Layla's love with. Though, I couldn't help but wonder who it was Aaliyah saw with Layla at a club back then.

Suddenly arms are wrapped around my waist from behind. Her lips are pressed softly on the back of my neck, her warm breath leaving a light tickle along my skin. As soon as she embraced me, I noticed the immediate relaxation of my body. How could my body do that when we hadn't known each other for that long? Previous relationships weren't anything like this. Never had I felt so secure with someone or needed them like that.

"I can assure you that there is nobody else that I'm involved with romantically. There's only you." Her lips swept across my neck until she pressed them just behind my ear.

With that, I was completely reassured and I trusted her completely. Pulling me from my thoughts was the nip she gave on my earlobe. My face went hot from Layla's suggestive action. I felt the familiar pull in my stomach that I now recognized as my body's positive reaction to her. No... it was more like a need for her. Though a moment ago I was anxious, like a light switch I was horny because of Layla.