extra - Brielle's cold

so bc I finished the last update so quickly, I'm going to be adding in an extra as well. basically they're just cliché scenarios that don't have a place within the story

also I am def not self projecting at all with this one bc I have a dumb cold rn and can't sleep bc of it lolol 

Cold weather had settled over the area. Leaves had already shifted to warm tones and fell, leaving the trees bare. Winds whipped and began to bite at exposed skin. The chill had brought out the thick coats and warm accessories to be wrapped up comfortably. 

Brielle hated the cold. 

To emphasis this point, she wore a long parka that came past her knees and tall Ugg boots as her base to keep her warm. Brielle made sure to buy a scarf, beanie and warm mittens from her favourite designer. This was all so that she could leave the house in comfort. 

As the brunette prepared herself to leave, Layla was already ready with the simple combination of boots and a coat. They were only going out the door and into the Bentley. For Brielle to get so dressed up to walk a few steps was amusing to the blonde. 

Layla watched with a small smile. That was until Brielle suddenly sniffled. 

The blonde's brows furrowed before she went over and turned the younger to face her. "Do you have a cold?"

Brielle gave her a confused look. "It's just a stuffy nose. Doesn't everyone get them when it gets cold?" Even though she said that, her voice was already beginning to reflect the sickness. 

"You're not going out. You need to be in bed." Layla ordered as she began to unbundle the brunette.

"I'm fine, Layla. Plus you know I always look forward to our Friday sushi dates." Brielle pointed with slight disappointment. 

"Sorry, love. You need to rest. But not to worry, I will be taking care of you." Layla pressed her lips to the younger's forehead for a soft kiss of reassurance.

With the promise of Layla's care, Brielle was more willing to stay home. Even though the two had been together for some time Brielle would always appreciate the affection Layla gave. The affection worked for both women. Layla enjoyed the feeling of touching her princess while the princess relished in the light pampering. 

Layla took the other to their bedroom and laid the warm comforter over Brielle before grabbing a throw blanket to place on top as well. The brunette smiled, finding the serious concentration on Layla's face funny. 

"I'll get a warm drink for you, love." Layla relayed warmly as she placed the back of her hand on the other's forehead. Her expression are more serious as she felt it was warmer than when she had kissed it a few minutes prior. "I'll be right back."

Brielle reached for her phone and texted Quinn while she waited for Layla to return. I have a stuffy nose and Layla's freaking tf out lol 

Within a few moments, her phone dinged with a reply from Quinn. Oh no, did she call an entire hospital over to check up on you??? 😂

She smiled and typed back. Not yet lol I'll let you know if I need saving 

Her phone dinged again. LMFAO idk if I can go up against momma Layla if you're sick

Brielle's cheeks grew a bit warm at the mention of "momma Layla." It was also at that moment that Layla walked back in. 

Seeing her reddened cheeks, her expression are grave. "Drink this. All of it, right now." She said before handing Brielle a steaming mug. 

Sitting up, Brielle took the mug and could barely smell the lemon and honey from within it. "This smells amazing. Thanks." She gave her girlfriend a wide smile before taking a careful sip.