extra - Easter

With it being Easter weekend, I couldn't help but think how extra Layla would be during this holiday and thus got inspired to write about it. It's not a real update but it's cute lol

Keep in mind this is an extra that means this takes place at some point after the book, this is clear bc they're married in this extra lol 

As the sleeping princess slowly awoke, her lover was already awake. Excitement bubbled from within the older blonde, anticipating how the other would react to the events of the morning. 

"Princess." She cooed as she slowly stroked the long mess of dark hair. 

Blinking awake, Brielle looked to loving gaze of her wife. A sleepy smile reached her lips. She loved Layla and waking up with her still felt unbelievable sometimes. "Morning."

The blonde's heart skipped a beat, seeing such a pure reaction. "Good morning, my love. Did you rest well?"

A yawn pulled from the younger as she nodded. "Yeah. Funny dream though." She giggled to herself. 

Layla sat up against the headboard before continuing to stroke the younger's hair. "Tell me about it."

The brunette smiled up at her other half, the calming sensation of having even her messy hair being played with almost tempted her back to sleep. "You always want to hear my dreams."

With a smile mirroring back at her, Layla nodded. "Dreams is how our subconscious communicates with us. Of course I want to know what it's saying."

Brielle propped herself up onto her elbow, getting closer to the other female. "All it told me was how much I'm in love with you."

Pride ran through the older woman. It even reached her lips, her smiling shifting. "I'm glad the feeling is still mutual."

The brunette rolled her eyes with a giggle. "I can't imagine a life where we aren't together." The words came out light and playful but the meaning carried a heaviness that suddenly weighed down on the couple. 

The younger went to speak but Layla huffed with a smile. "Neither could I. I'd have to turn to drastic measures to get you back to me."

Brielle still felt playful and began to trace her finger tip along the bare chest of her lover. The two often fell asleep nude so that morning was no exception. Covered with the white silk bedding but Layla's torso exposed as she sat up. Brielle's still covered, tucked under her arm to keep the blanket in place. 

Before the younger could respond to the statement, Layla changed the subject. "There's a surprise for you, princess."

"A surprise?" She echoed, her brows pulling together. Even after the many surprises and gifts she had received in their time together, she had not gotten used to it. 

Layla smiled and grabbed a box from the bedside table. The box was a blush pink, wrapped with a thick white bow. A single purple and white tulip was tucked under the ribbon.

"An Easter present?" She asked softly as she sat up, keeping the blanket tucked under her arms to keep it from exposing her chest even though it was only them two in the large home.

"Of course. You're mine and I will find any reason to spoil you." The blonde informed as she continued to hold the box. Past experiences ran through Brielle's mind as proof to Layla's statement. 

"And today it's Easter." The younger tucked some of her hair behind her ear as she took the box onto her lap. "Thank you, Layla."

Warmth ran through the blonde, she always appreciated the younger's gratitude. Brielle never had to be grateful to be spoiled but she was and that further proved to Layla that she had attained an angel.