twelve

⚠️ warning: it's gonna get a bit spicy hehe 

The man who approached was handsome, with buff arms that seemed to strain against his white polo shirt. His skin was a beautiful tan and his smile looked like he could swoon any woman. Except for me. 

When his eyes landed on me, I decided that I didn't like him. His eyes racked up and down my body which wasn't exactly covered for the occasion. Quinn had chosen a brown high waisted bikini with a sheer nude coloured cover up that was open in the front. 

"Layla." He greeted simply before his eyes landed on me again. "And who's this?" There was something about his tone that made my skin want to crawl. So much so that I further pressed myself into Layla's side to try to hide myself. 

My face buried itself into her shoulder as Layla hummed in question. I felt her hands in my hair and on my lower back, holding me to her. It was incredibly reassuring since I didn't want to look at that guy anymore or for him to see me. 

"I apologize. She is very shy." Layla's warm voice soothed my nerves, her body vibrating against me as she spoke.

"Not a problem. I know how our sugar babies can be sometimes." The man, Jack, joked lightly. I then heard a smack and the girl next to him gasp then giggle though it sounded forced. 

It struck me that he was a sugar daddy but also made some sense. He looked at me like some kind of animal so he probably wasn't a nice sugar parent to have. I imagined he was the type to quickly get bored when it came to sugar babies.

Layla's hand on my lower back rubbed against me slowly. "We will be going now. Take care."

"We should head out too. Nice to meet you." Jack said as I turned to see his creepy grin before he led the girl away. 

We were silent as we walked closer to the boat before she stopped me. I felt awkward, not wanting to meet her gaze.

"Brielle." I still couldn't look at her. Her hand came to caress my cheek and out of a bit of shock, my gaze met hers. She was looking at me with a serious but concerned expression. "What's wrong?"

My gaze shifted to a nearby boat. "I... I was uncomfortable with him."

Layla was silent so I looked back at her to see her looking in the direction where they had just left. Her gaze was dark. "I see." Her tone was low, the familiar pull deep within my stomach as a result. 

"Layla?" I questioned, her reaction making me a bit uneasy. 

She turned to me then pulled me into her arms for a hug. Her hand on the back of my head stroked my hair as the other rested on my lower back. I wrapped my arms around her, holding her close. My head rested on her chest, her heartbeat and her embrace causing the uneasiness to lift away. 

"Jack is not a good guy but not to worry, princess. I promised to take care of you." She cooed into my ear before placing a kiss into my hair next to it. A pleasant shiver ran through my body as she did, my ears being a weak point of mine. 

I pulled back with warm cheeks before giving her a soft smile. "I'm hungry now." I stated with a small giggle. 

Layla nodded with a smile before she led me to me the boat. She first gave me a short tour of the boat. Inside, I didn't feel like we were on the water but in a mansion. Only, this mansion had views of the water and dock outside. The interior was incredible. A light sand tone with white were common throughout the space as we walked through a huge living room with tons of seating.

She even showed me the high tech control room that Carlos was stationed to captain the large yacht. After, she led me back out onto the deck. The deck had sand coloured lounges spread throughout, a long U-shaped couch and there was even a hot tub in the centre of the deck.