nine

I was a giddy little shit. I had to contain all the excitement from our first kiss until I got back to the apartment. As soon as I walked through the door, I shrieked my roommates name.

She popped out with a smile but her brows furrowed, not quite sure how to react. "Bri? You good?"

"We kissed!" I announced loudly as I began to bounce up and down. "And it was incredible!"

Quinn began to shriek, even louder than I did as she dashed over to me. She took my hands in hers before she began to bounce with me. "Oh my god! Bri!"

"Let's get drunk!" I suggested suddenly and stopped bouncing to go to the kitchen.

"Wait! Don't pour that!" Quinn called as I turned to pout at her with a bottle of rosé already in my hand.

"Why not?"

She smirked mischievously. "Let's make use of these sexy outfits and have our drinks paid for us!"

I gasped, the giddiness and the alcohol beginning to show. "Yes! Get an Uber but we're having a glass of wine while we wait."

Quinn laughed at me while she went on her phone. I looked at my phone and got the brilliant idea to invite Kate along. I hadn't talked to her since I quit and I owed her for ditching the job so suddenly. Plus I knew the three of us would have a lot of fun together. 

The rush before getting to the club was a bit of a blur. Drinking rosé, freshening makeup and yelling across the apartment at each other about our dates. 

By the time we got to the club, the music so loud that we could almost hear it perfectly from outside. I texted Kate that we had arrived before Quinn and I went in line to wait. Eyes were already on us, it inflated my ego to say the least. I was feeling very confident in how I looked so the attention was welcomed.

"Brielle!" I turned to see the beautiful blonde who I hugged excitedly.

"Kate! I miss you, bitch!" I said before pulling her to wait in line with us. 

Kate rolled her eyes. "I know but I'm glad you invited me out. I've had to put in some real overtime this week to cover your quitting ass."

The guilt was strong. I knew Kate would have had to put in the hours for me but to have her confirm it out loud made me feel worse about it. "I'm sorry. To repay you, I'll buy all your drinks tonight."

Kate smiled. "I'm fine to pay for my own drinks."

"I know but I still will." I pushed before we were summoned in by the bouncer. 

Walking in, the bass was felt throughout my entire body. My heart felt like it was beating in time with the music. Quinn and Kate caught up, having met once before while I led them to the bar. The first round of shots and drinks were paid by a guy who wore a ridiculous gold chain. 

"To being hot as fuck!" Quinn toasted as she held her plastic shot glass up in the air.

"Cheers, bitches!" I cried before we all cheered then took the shot of tequila down.

"Woo!" Kate made a face as she was more of a Tequila Rose fan. 

Quinn handed us our drinks then nodded in the direction of the dance floor. "Come on! I love this song!"

The three of us got to the large section where the floor flashed various lights. Once we found a spot we liked, we began to dance together. The typical drunk girl dancing included us grinding on each other, roaming our hands all over each other's bodies even though we had no intention of doing anything more.