extra - first night back

surprise it's me again. I smoked a bowl then wrote this lol

Layla

The first night Brielle was returned to me I didn't sleep at first. Laying her in our bed and tucking her in, I admired how she slept. A soft, peaceful expression on her beautiful face. I sat up with my back against the headboard and gently played with her hair. Even within sleep, she would enjoy it. 

Time passed like that until a quiet whimper sounded and her face twisted up in discomfort. "Brielle?" I called out to her softly and placed a hand on her cheek. Her features relaxed as she eased back into a restful sleep. 

A point came when I removed myself from the bed to quickly go change. When I returned she was sitting up in bed, half asleep and crying quietly. When she heard me enter she turned, still not fully awake, before reaching her arms out to me. 

A chuckle left me as I approached to slide under the blankets. She snuggled herself into my arms for me to hold her as she went back into a deep rest. 

I was still awake for quite some time, thinking about her and what may happen. Jack shot Jayden so he was rushed by one of my guys to the hospital. I wasn't concerned about him, he didn't want anymore trouble. 

Jack was dead, rightfully so. 

My blood boiled each time I thought of how he drugged Brielle. She could barely handle her own desires, a drug that forced them on her would certainly damage her. 

Seeing her kneel on the ground, sobbing so loud that it physically hurt me. Not only was she crying but she was crying out for me. She was hurting and calling my name for comfort.

It was my breaking point and I shot a man over it. 

Brielle slept for a long time, longer than I had but I couldn't bring myself to wake her. Instead I sat next to her with a book so there was no noise to wake her. Carlos and the team offered to keep watch at home but I dismissed them at the warehouse. My team had worked hard and deserved the rest as well as the large bonuses I'd be putting through for them. 

But the fact that my princess was sleeping soundly next to me had put me at complete ease. I also knew there was no longer any danger to her. Her light sighs of sleep were adorable and proof of how well she was resting. There was no more nightmares and she clung to my side the entire time.

When she wake, her eyes immediately found mine and softened sadly. Her reactions would always be honest because she knew. She knew the truth and it was terrifying. Never had I been scared of a man and yet this little brunette had me shook. 

"Good morning, my love." I greeted her warmly before bending to place a kiss on the crown of her head. 

"Morning." She responded timidly. 

My throat hummed as I thought of a solution to the shyness she was displaying. My lips lifted mischievously with a sudden thought. Of course, there was only one real solution. 

"Did you sleep well?" I inquired as my fingers threaded slowly through her hair.

She head lazily nodded, her eyes closing again. "I dreamt of you."

My heart had never skipped a beat before. It  surprised me to notice it made my adrenaline rush. My lips smiled genuinely as my hands pulled her closer to me. 

She smiled and wrapped her arms around me. "You were my knight in shining armour. Except you were wearing Balenciaga and pulled up in a Bugatti." 

Considering she was joking after the events that happened was clearly her way of trying to distract from what happened. I smiled. "I see. I do have a fond taste for Balenciaga."

She smiled with pride before she began to play with the hem of my shirt. "Thank you."

"There's no need, my love." My hand returned to her head to caress it. "I failed to protect you. It is my greatest fear."

Her eyes left mine. Such words were heavy for her and yet she took them with love. "You really do spoil me, you know?" She looked back at me as her eyes shined brightly. 

"Then I have fulfilled my life's purpose. To give you all that you ever want both physical and emotional." My words flowed out like a love letter. 

She needed to hear it and be held. Reassure her that I feel just as she does. We had a connection that was unnatural. Couldn't live without each other, part from each other. Two halves of a whole. 

She was mine. I was hers. She was the sun in the sky and I was the moon who adored her.

Words no longer held what we needed to express. Our lips came together with a newfound appreciation. After the time apart and the heightened emotions, we have come grown closer together. 

It was now unhealthy. There was now an anxiety of being apart. Trauma of the events would hurt us from beneath the surface. A sick feeling of delight settled through me. 

We pulled away and I stroked her hair. "Let's go out for breakfast." I suggested to her with a smile. "I'm sure you'd benefit from mimosas."

Her face lit up excitedly with a gasp. "Really?!"

This princess was so easy to please. "Of course. What does my princess desire today? Anything you want, I will give to you."

She smirked with mischief glinting in her eyes. "Your soul."

A chuckle left me. Such a funny girl. "You stole it the moment I met you."

She giggled, the sound like a playful and happy song. "Ugh! Cheesy!"

Seeing her open with me was always wonderful. Her personality was actually very warm and inviting. She invoked such positive feelings to stir. 

"Only for you." I layered it on as she laughed harder. "Come now, princess. Time to get dressed."

Okay I'm done, sorry for the cliffhanger but I'm tired and hungry now lolol