thirteen

Since the last date with Layla, Quinn and I had been enjoying my new, large income. In between Quinn's shifts, I treated her to dinner and ordering ourselves expensive bottles of wine or champagne to go with our meal. Not to mention we also went shopping a couple more times. 

Also since my last date, I had often thought of the incredible pleasure Layla had given me within the hot tub. Daydreaming of what would happen if we went further while I laid in bed at night. During those daydreams, my hands would begin to gently wander across my body, pretending they were hers. But each time, when a hand would finally reach between my thighs, the daydream would be ruined since my hands were different than hers. 

The daydream of Layla occurred for a moment while I was driving back home from picking up an online order. Pulling me from the fantasy was when all the lights on my dash began to light up. I softly swore since that couldn't have been anything good. I found a nearby parking lot and pulled in. 

"Let's try this again." I said softly before parking the car and turning it off. When I tried to turn the car back on again, it tried to start but failed. "Shit!" I hissed before trying again. Still nothing.  

I slumped in my seat with a groan before calling Quinn. "Hello?~" She sang a greeting to me through the line.

"My car isn't working." my tone held a whine to it.

My best friend on the line laughed. "That sucks! Did you call a tow truck?"

I didn't reply since I hadn't thought to do that. "No."

She laughed again. "Send me your location and I'll come wait with you. In the meantime, call a tow truck to take it to a shop to be looked at."

"Yes, mom." My smiled grew as I joked. 

"See you in a bit, sweetie." She teased back before we disconnected the line. 

It took over an hour for a tow truck to show up and take it to the mechanical shop I had been avoiding going to for months. At the car was at the shop the mechanic did a quick once over and let me know that the alternator was surely the cause, the noise I had been ignoring was some kind of belt that needed to be replaced. There was also the things I had told them to ignore during my last visits that would surely need to be replaced as well. Overall, it was going to be a big bill for my poor SUV.

In the BMW, Quinn turned to me. "Why don't you get a new car?"

I turned to her with a shocked expression. "What?! Abandon my baby?!"

Quinn laughed. "You've had that car for years and done the most basic maintenance on it. It was going to give out on you soon anyway."

"I don't know, Q. That car is sentimental to me." 

My best friend gave me a sympathetic smile. "But now you can replace it with a nicer car. Like a Porsche."

My eyes rolled but I smiled as well. "That's a bit excessive."

Quinn shrugged. "Why don't we just go look at some cars for fun?"

I sighed with a smile. "Alright but I'm not buying anything."

"Fine." Quinn agreed but her mischievous smile was present and I didn't feel all too confident with her words. 

But we still went to an Audi dealership and walked in. The secretary greeted us with a polite smile. "Hello. Do you have an appointment?"

I froze up with anxiety before looking at Quinn for help. My best friend looked at complete ease, used to going to the BMW dealerships with her parents. "No, we were just going to look around."