five

It took over an hour for Quinn and I to get ready. The main part being deciding what to wear. We didn't want to be too casual but we also didn't want to dress up too much for coffee. Naturally, Quinn had some good picks for us until I finally decided. 

"That looks really cute on you!" My best friend praised as I looked in the full length mirror in front of us.

I had to agree with her. She had picked out a tight fitted, brown plaid mini skirt and a cream coloured knit pullover sweater that I tucked in the front. With a pair of nude heeled boots, it was a cute outfit. 

"Here." I turned to see Quinn holding out her Fendi baguette bag to me with a smile. "You want to make a bit of an impression, right?"

I smiled and thanked her as I took the bag. "Now I need to do my makeup. I'm thinking simple and natural. What do you think?"

Quinn put a hand to her chest with a dramatic look of pride. "You're definitely my little girl!"

I giggled as I rolled my eyes. "You're barely that much taller than me. Like maybe two inches."

Quinn smirked at me suggestively. "Two inches can make all the difference, Bri." I nodded in agreement before we burst into laughter.

*

Quinn parked down the street from the coffee shop we would be meeting our dates at. My heart was pounding with the anxiety. Doubts began to float through my mind. What if she didn't like me? Would I be able to answer her questions properly? What happens if Quinn gives me the signal that her date isn't going well? Do I ditch my date?

I sighed heavily and slumped in the seat of the BMW. "I can't go in."

Quinn whipped her head to me with an expression of unbelief. "Oh heck no! You and I are going to get our butts in there, have awesome dates and get sugar parents!"

I leaned my head against the seat, still looking at her. "I don't know how I'll make it in there. I feel like my chest is about to explode with how nervous I am."

Quinn gave me a soft smile as she huffed with amusement. "That's a good thing. It means you want to meet her and want things to work out."

"I do want things to work out but I've also never done this kind of thing before."

Quinn placed her hand on mine, it was comforting. "That's why we're doing this together. I'll be here for you and by the one percent chance I need you, you'll be there for me too."

I chuckled with an eye roll, she was so overconfident but it was nice since it balanced my complete lack of it. "Fine. But you remember the signal right?"

Quinn's smile grew. "Yep! Bathroom break if it's going bad and if it's going good we take a sip of our drink."

I smiled softly and lifted my head from the seat to look out to the coffee shop. We had gotten here a bit early but we had to go in so we could arrange ourselves to be able to see each other. I sighed heavily. "We should go in."

My best friend gave my hand a small squeeze. "Together, right?"

"Right." I agreed with a weak smile.

"You were supposed to say 'together!' Have you not seen any action movie?" Quinn's lips pursed and brows furrowed slightly to enhance her small pout.

I chuckled at her. "Yeah but I thought it'd be too cheesy."

Quinn opened the door and began to get out. "No such thing as too cheesy."

I got out and followed behind her as we stepped to the coffee shop. Quinn pushed the door open and we walked up to the counter. "Let me pay."