twenty

The final day of our trip was longer than I expected. I assumed that we'd have breakfast, check out of the hotel then head back home but with Layla that wasn't the case. We did check out before going to a café for breakfast but that was not nearly the end of our day in Paris. 

Most of the day was spent at the Louvre which I enjoyed because I actually really liked going to museums. They weren't too loud and there was so much to look at. I took my time looking at each piece, taking in the details and reading the information with enthusiasm. 

Apparently Layla had been here a few times already and said that we'd go at my pace no matter if we sped through it or spent all day there. Going through the museum was nice though since most of the time Layla stood next to me with a hand on my waist as Carlos followed close behind. 

"Why did Carlos join us here?" I whispered to Layla curiously. 

Layla chuckled quietly. "He was insistent that he accompany us here. I have to let him at least once each trip to keep him at ease."

"Why is that? Is he that worried about your safety?" I couldn't imagine Layla being the type to be in danger. She owned car dealerships and sure, she was very wealthy but did that really mean she had enemies? The phone call from the day at her dealership came to mind even though I was a bit unsure what that had to do with the topic. 

She smiled at me before placing a kiss on the crown of my head. "You don't need to worry at all, my love." That seemed to be the end of the conversation since she led me to the next thing to see. 

After our time at the Louvre, I thought for sure we'd be heading back since it was getting dark. But again, Layla took us to eat dinner. It was another luxurious restaurant that I couldn't pronounce the names of the dishes or even really know what was in them by looking at them. All the food was delicious though, I was definitely enjoying eating French food for the weekend. 

Once dinner was done we finally were back on her private jet. I was exhausted from the day and immediately made myself comfortable on the couch with the blanket I had been wrapped in on the way there. 

Layla approached me with a chuckle. "Why don't we go lay in the bedroom?"

"Oh yeah. There's a bedroom on your plane." I said before Layla took my hand and led me to the door. I walked through with a yawn before I saw the bed and instantly flopped onto it. "Oh, this is a comfy bed."

I heard a chuckle before she pulled my shoes off. "Let's get you comfortable."

A hum left me. "I'm too tired. I only want cuddles."

Her hand stroked my hair. "Alright, my love." She pulled me back onto my feet before we climbed under the comforter and I snuggled up to her as she sat up in the bed. 

"You won't be sleeping with me?" I asked in a tired tone.

I looked up to see her smiling down at me. "Not yet. I have to check my emails before that. I'll wait until you're asleep to do that though." I agreed with a nod as I felt her hand thread through my hair again. It was my absolute weakness so it didn't take long until I passed out. 

When I woke up I could tell that we were still flying. I looked up to see that Layla was sleeping so peacefully. It reminded me of the mornings in Paris, seeing her like that was strange but absolutely adorable. 

It wasn't long before Layla pressed a sleepy kiss to my forehead before smiling down at me. "Sleep well, my love?"

I nodded. "You?"

"I sleep very well with you." She admitted before pulling me closer to her. "I'll be busy this week since I was off call all weekend but I'd like to pick you up on Friday for sushi again."