forty four

the finale is here, enjoy!

After watching the sunset, Layla and I had retired to the villa bedroom to dress for bed. Cream walls with pale wood on the vaulted ceiling. The room wasn't as big as I had envisioned but I liked it better since it felt more cozy. The soft tones felt familiar as they reminded me of the interiors on Layla's boat, plane and now the villa... on her private island. I had yet to fully grasp the idea she had an island in addition to her existing 'toys'. 

My mind wandered back to the story Ana had told me. She made Layla out to be some generous savior. It made me wonder what motivated her to take on such a large project. Also why she felt the need to purchase an island, it seemed excessive but then again... Layla had very extravagant tastes. 

Layla came up behind me with her arms around my waist. The contact made me lean into her touch with a smile but then a yawn escaped me. Her chuckle vibrated through her chest into my back. "Let's rest, my love." I nodded in response. 

After changing I immediately went to the canopy bed that took up most of the floor. To get into the bed, I had to gently open the white sheer curtains that surrounded the wooden frame. 

I crawled under the light blanket, sighing at the softness of the mattress. "So comfy." I felt the bed dip next to me and turned to smile at Layla. She looked much happier since we arrived, it was really cute to see. "What do you like about this island? Why did you chose this one?"

Layla smiled as she turned to face me while her hand came to rest on my face before going to rest within my hair. "The people made a good impression but the island was everything I was searching for. It has a lagoon, perfect beaches and... other yet to be revealed." She smirked as she kept her secret to herself. 

"Fine, don't tell me." I pouted lightly. 

Layla chuckled. "But I knew it would be perfect. What do you think of it?" She began to play with my hair, letting her fingers run through it before bringing it back to repeat. 

I looked up at the ceiling as my smile widened. "It's beautiful, almost surreal. Like a perfect dream." 

A kiss was placed on my jaw so I turned but was met with her lips on mine. It did feel like a dream, even her soft kissing. It was quick taste of her affections before she stopped to turn off the lamp and held me close. I cozied up to her and hummed in delight. 

Moonlight kept the room lit just enough to admire the woman holding me. She caught my gaze and smiled softly as she returned with that look of adoration she had shown before. Her beauty was holding my focus. 

I brought my lips to hers to kiss her one final time. She understood this and whispered a tender good night before closing her eyes. 

There would be no nightmares tonight, I was confident in that. No one can have bad dreams while in paradise. 

The next day Layla surprised me in a way I hadn't expected on the trip. She wasn't in bed or the bedroom when I woke up. This came a surprise since she always was there when I woke up. When I padded out of the bedroom in a bit of confusion, she was busy in the kitchen. She had noticed me walk in and turned from whatever was cooking on the stovetop.

"Good morning, beautiful!" She gave me a bright smile that was contagious, reflecting on my lips.

"Good morning!" I went up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist. Mostly to peek at what she was cooking that smelled so delicious. "Mmm! Pancakes!" As my favourite breakfast food, I was excited to see it was on the menu.

Layla flipped the pancake as she spoke. "I have some plans for us today."

I looked up at her to see her still smiling. "What are they?"