fifteen

"Man, it's been a while since I've been on public transit." Quinn stated as she awed at the subway car and the passengers.

A smile pulled on my lips since she looked like an excited little kid. "I can barely remember the last time since we were both completely drunk." I giggled remembering moments of the night that we were with a group of friends, all drunk out of our minds on the subway. 

"Neither can I." She laughed before she smirked at me. "Excited to see your girlfriend?"

Warmth crept on my cheeks as I tried to turn away to hide my smile. "Maybe." It was still a bit strange to hear Layla being referred as my girlfriend. It felt surreal. 

The next station was our stop and luckily it was a short walk to the dealership. I was nervous to pick up my new car but I had already traded in my CR-V at Layla's suggestion. I was sentimental, especially with material things so letting go of my beloved first car was hard. Though Layla made it a bit easier for me by reassuring me that the car was going to be fixed at her used dealership where it may become someone else's first car. The idea of my experience with that car being passed on was quite helpful. 

We entered the Audi dealership to see the secretary, Aliyah. Rather than the warm welcome we got the last time, we got a fake looking smile before she returned to typing on her computer. I didn't pay much mind to it since like I had figured before, she was probably into Layla.

It was barely a few moments after I sent Layla a text that she was in view, coming down the stairs from the second level where her office was. As usual, Layla looked like the wealthy but incredibly beautiful woman that she was. 

"Good to see you again, Quinn." She greeted my best friend politely before her gaze turned to me. "Brielle." 

The shiver I felt when she said my name. I took the last few steps quickly to close the space to wrap my arms around her neck while my face hid itself from everyone. 

It had been almost a week since I saw her or she gave me affection. Being so pampered had made me spoiled but still, one of Layla's hands came to my hair while the other went to my lower back. She hummed before she kissed my hair.

"Did you miss me, princess?" I didn't have to see her to know she was smirking while she taunted me quietly. I nodded my head as my arms tightened slightly around her to further prove my answer. Layla pressed a kiss to my cheek. "I missed you too."

We pulled back from each other before I looked to Quinn who gave me a knowing smile. "Regret inviting me, Bri?" 

"No." I pursed my lips and looked away, hoping I would be able to cool down my face without anyone noticing. 

Layla placed her hand on the back of my head as she chuckled. "Shall we go to your new vehicle?"

I looked to her with a small nod. Layla took my hand and led us out to the parking lot where my new car sat. It sparkled in the sun but then the car to blur. Oh, I was crying.

"What?" I laughed quietly to myself as I wiped my eyes quickly. 

"Crybaby." Quinn teased lightly. 

"Quinn, will you look over the vehicle for her?" Layla requested as she took out a set of car keys. "If there is anything out of order, please let me know and I will have it taken care of."

Quinn looked excited and agreed before all but snatching the keys and running to the car.

Layla's arm came around me in comfort as I leaned my head on her, looking at the car. "I wonder how you would react to a Bentley or a Lamborghini, princess."