twenty four

⚠️ smut and yes, it is like 3am on a goddamn wednesday lol 

The rest of that week moved by incredibly slow. To pass the time I mostly went for drives while Quinn was at school. When she was free we went shopping and attended various beauty appointments. Essentially I was desperately trying to find things to do to distract myself and willing to send the money to do so. My spending habit had gotten a bit worse because of it.

I was clearly going through a crisis as the clothes I bought weren't the normal styles Quinn and I went for. Instead of our pretty, light and preppy style, I was going for darker tones that seemed more fit for clubbing. I wasn't going to spend the energy worrying or thinking about it.

Over the week I had come to a couple decisions based on how Layla would answer when I asked about Aliyah had told me. I was nervous since if she was involved in the mafia, that could mean many things.

I wondered if that was why she wasn't public with her "true princess." If that was the case then there was likely a concern for my safety. Even if it wasn't the case, there was probably still a safety risk.

Layla being involved with that had many issues and for one, I didn't want to be involved in anything like that. It made me incredibly uncomfortable to be even have some connection to that. I could only hope that Aliyah had been mistaken.

It was Friday, the day I was to join Layla for sushi after not seeing her throughout the week. I decided I would spend the day not worrying about our date tonight whatsoever. To help distract myself, I went to buy a new dress and spent a good portion of the day at the mall.

The dress that caught my eye was simple. Long sleeved, knee length and a square neckline but it was cherry red. A colour that was out of my comfort zone. When I tried it on, I was stunned by how it looked on me. It hugged each curve perfectly and made my boobs look great.

Once I was ready for sushi later, I looked in the reflection, pleased with my reflection. Bright red lipstick that matched the dress and my hair curled into loose waves. My eyeshadow had a bit of gold shimmer which I thought suited the fact that I was wearing gold drop earrings.

The ding of my hone alerted me that Layla had arrived. I took a deep breath to try to calm the sudden nerves. I was only bringing a black clutch with me, hanging the golden chain on my shoulder as I left the apartment.

Carlos was waiting at the rear passenger door with a polite smile. "Good evening, Miss Kingston."

"Hi." I replied with a shy smile.

Carlos opened the door and I slid in, my eyes immediately going to next to me. I silently lectured myself, I had to ask her about what Aliyah said. Being immediately distracted by Layla's good looks weren't going to help with that.

"Hello, Brielle." Layla's signature smirk was on her lips and before I knew it, she was kissing me with such passion that it made me dizzy.

Her hand held the back of my head as the other went to my thigh. She was impatient as her tongue immediately forced my lips to part and to deepen our kiss. At the same time, her hand went under my dress, caressing my inner thigh. The pleasant feeling of butterflies made me forget the week's anxiety and worries for a few blissful moments.

But with the realization, I pulled back and blushed. "We shouldn't when Carlos is around." It was the only somewhat valid excuse I could come up with.

Layla's low chuckle sent a shiver through me as she leaned into my ear. "Alright, princess." Her tone was low and my breath hitched in my throat. It had been barely a week since we last hooked up and I was already breaking down in front of her. It was not good.