eight

Once I had signed the contract, Layla's smirk returned but there was something different about it. It wasn't the teasing smirk I was used to, this one was more proud in nature, like she won something. It might have been me overthinking it but it still made me a tad uneasy. 

Layla looked at me, her bright blue eyes boring into me. "We are official now, Brielle. You are my girlfriend just as I am yours. In celebration, I want our first date to be memorable. I hope you enjoy sushi."

A soft smile came to my lips, trying to hide the sudden surge of excitement and any uneasiness dissipating completely. "Yes, I do." 

In reality, I was a damn slut for sushi. Maybe being a sugar baby wouldn't be so bad after all if I was always being treated to sushi. 

Layla nodded before I turned to gaze out the window of the car. I had never been in a Bentley before and it was much comfier than I expected. The seats were plush but firm and seemed to hug my body warmly. I wondered what would be comfier, the car seats or my own bed. 

"Brielle." I turned to face Layla, her smirk gone and a more serious expression on her face. "I want to make it clear that if you are ever uncomfortable or want to talk about something in terms of the relationship - including the contract - please talk to me about it. I want this experience to be as enjoyable for you as possible."

Something about her using the word 'enjoyable' made me think the physical aspect of our now relationship. I felt the warmth begin to bloom on my cheeks as I smiled in hopes to make it go away. 

In all honesty though, it was reassuring for Layla to say that. Being a sugar baby was still too new for me so having her actually want me to bring up anything I'm not happy with helped ease a bit of the anxiety.

The smile on my lips grew and my face brightened. "Thank you, Layla. I will be sure to but I doubt that I'll need to. You've already well exceed any expectation I had."

Layla smiled softly. "I will attempt to continue to surpass your expectations. Not only as a first time sugar baby but now as my girlfriend, my wish is to be the cause for your happiness." She paused, thinking by the way her gaze was casted down to the side for a few moments before it returned to me. "Brielle, would it be too sudden for us to begin physical contact while out together? In ways such as holding hands or setting my hand on your waist. Would you be comfortable with that?"

The idea of Layla touching me, even in such a small way made my heart pick up speed. I was definitely not against it but my nerves were another matter. However, I decided to try something. 

I smiled at Layla and held my hand out on he arm rest between us, palm facing up. "Mind as well start now." I said with a small giggle.

Layla then took my hand, fingers intertwining. Her hand was larger than mine so her fingertips rested halfway down the back of my hand whereas mine were couldn't reach past her knuckles.

My smile faltered with surprise when she moved our hands to rest on my thigh. I had to clear my throat quietly to avoid outright gasping in the surprise I felt when the back of her hand rested on the silky fabric of my dress. I could even feel the heat of her hand through it. 

Her small smirk had returned to her lips as she watched me look from where she rested our hands back to her. "Is this alright?" Her tone was low and although she wore a smirk, her tone was sincere.

I nodded, not trusting my voice enough to speak. I turned to look out the window again though my focus was on getting used to the feeling of her touch. This proved to be difficult as her thumb began to slowly rub against the back of my hand. 

Her thumb slowly dragged from my wrist up to the space where my thumb and index finger met before she made the slight curve back to my wrist. Layla's repeated movement was slow and gazed over my skin, the warmth of her touch and my bashfulness clear on the warm on my face was almost too much to bear.