twenty six

On the drive there, Kate told us all that we needed to know about this beach town. According to her, it was known for its nightlife scene. Nearby college students went there to party because of the beach and cheap rental options. 

The villa we were stayed in was gorgeous. It was more like a mansion that was white and squared making it very modern. Glass balconies in the front and a turquoise in ground pool in the backyard. The interior was similar to the exterior. Clean, white furniture within the main space and the three bedrooms with little accents of fresh colours throughout. The best part were all the huge windows that faced the pristine backyard or the beach. 

We got to the club after going out for dinner. We were already completely done up for the night. Kate advised that since we were in that specific town meant that those at the clubs went all out. Dressing in their best with hair and makeup done. 

Naturally with it being a girls night, we didn't go out in simple outfits. It wasn't too surprising when I found out that Quinn and Kate had collaborated when packing meaning that we all were slightly co-ordinating for the evening. 

Quinn had packed me one of the new dresses I bought. A cherry dress that had a light corset at the waist, plunging neckline and a slit up to the top of my thigh on the one side. It looked incredible on me and I was sporting one of my favourite new pair of heels so I was excited with what I wore. 

My long time best friend wore a pair of black leather pants with a red lace trimmed cami that clung to her slim frame. Kate went with a black slip dress that shimmered dreamily when the light hit it. 

We had spent a good half an hour just taking selfies together before we headed out to eat. Eyes were on us as we laughed and drank together whether in the restaurant or on the dance floor. At the club, we had multiple people come up but Kate or Quinn would say something to them that sent them away. It was a bit of relief to not have to think about flirting and simply have fun with my friends.

The music's bass boomed through the club as we continued to dance together. The feeling of having fun with your girls in a club was something I had missed. The last few times I hadn't had so much fun. It could have been because that night we were only looking to have a good time without flirting, just enjoying our girls night. 

"Fuck yeah!" I exclaimed after I finished yet another drink. The warmth of my intoxication flowed through me and my mind felt light from all stresses and worries. 

Quinn almost stumbled in her step towards me. "That's right, bitch! Drink up because it's fuckin' girls night!"

Kate wrapped an arm around my torso. "I love you guys!" She said before she began to move her body to the music again. "Come on, let's dance!" Her arm slipped from me before she began to lift the same arm up to wave around in the air as she danced. 

I was really enjoying myself when I felt a pair of hands on my waist. I knew it wasn't my two good friends because they both stood before me. The touch was slow and sensual as my hips continued to sway. It felt almost familiar and I got excited at who I thought it was.

"Lay-" My smile froze in place when I turned to see not Layla but a dark haired guy. He was attractive but he wasn't who I wanted. My face fell as I turned back forward. 

Suddenly Quinn's hands were gently pulling me away as Kate stepped between us. Kate began to lead the guy off as Quinn put an arm around me. "You okay?"

My gaze stared at the floor. "Um... I didn't think this would happen." My voice broke as tears began to fall. My heart was suddenly hurting like it had before, stinging and painful. 

Quinn led me to the bathroom. I leaned on the counter and rested my head on the wall as the tears quietly rolled down my cheeks. No sounds wanted to leave me, somehow my body felt too occupied by the pain in my chest to do much else.