seven

We had barely been at the mall for half an hour and I was already beginning to feel the weight of shopping. Quinn insisted that I do some shopping not only for my dinner date the next day but for myself in general. 

"Now that you have money, we'll have an even bigger wardrobe!" Quinn rejoiced and bounced excitedly while looking through the rack of clothing. She gasped with a thought. "Will we have to move to get an even bigger closet?!"

I gave her a doubtful look as I slowly looked through the individual pieces of clothing, seeing nothing that really stuck out. "I can't afford a bigger apartment."

Quinn shot me a glare. "Yes, you can. You made big bucks just going for coffee."

"Oh yeah." I breathed as it began to dawn on me. I had thousands of dollars in a new bank account. I did the least amount of work but made the most amount of money I had ever dreamed of doing in my life. 

Making so much money was surreal and the fact I had a second date with Layla that next evening was making me incredibly nervous. I was nervous not only because of the money but because of my sugar momma herself. She was a tease who seemed entertained by my awkward antics. I couldn't help my nervousness though, she was incredibly attractive and everything in my life was dependent on her paying me. 

The hangers screeched as I looked through a rack of dresses, my mind still running wild. A part of me was also unsure of the future. The main train of thought being whether I would begin to feel guilty accepting money from someone I inevitably would grow feelings for. My thoughts then led to stay at home partners and I supposed it was a similar situation. Still, the whole situation felt odd but if Quinn wasn't experiencing these doubts then I should try to have a better mindset about it.

With a quiet sigh, I realized it was kind of nice going shopping with Quinn. I had always bought fast fashion because it was cheap and good enough. Thrift stores were also good but I was pretty picky of the items I wanted. So I couldn't blame Quinn for wanting me to buy more my clothes whether it was for my gain or for hers, I had used her wardrobe for a long time. 

"Bri." I turned to Quinn who held up a nice cropped turtleneck that was the shade of sand. "I was thinking for you."

"I love it." I smiled softly as she squealed and continued sliding the hangers to search for more pieces.

Having Quinn around while diving into the whole sugar baby arrangement was extremely helpful. Not only did it helped keep things interesting for her to be a sugar baby as well but her presence eased some of my anxiety and it was nice to talk to her about my concerns.

I slid another hanger before seeing a silk dress, intrigued, I took the hanger off the rack to get a better look at it. It looked to be a bit longer, more than likely going a bit past the knees with a slit on the one side, exposing up to about the thigh area. Two thin straps made of rhinestones would hold the dress up and a plunging neckline would look flattering. 

As if by habit, I looked at the price tag, my eyes rounding that it costed over two hundred dollars. A gasp sounded and I looked up to see Quinn's eyes practically sparkling as she looked at the dress in my hands. 

"You're buying that for tomorrow right?" She framed the question as more as though she would be incredibly surprised if I didn't buy it. 

I looked back at the dress. It was incredibly beautiful but it was expensive. It was the price of an oil change on my car. "It's $200."

Quinn smiled softly. "Think of it this way, Bri. Even if you spend $5,000 on an outfit, you'll still be walking with at least another five grand from the date. Plus you'd look hot as fuck in that!"