Chapter 1: "You're Going on a Date"

Doug was sitting in his office meeting with his client Reggie Hudlin and his wife Chrisette. Chrisette kept looking at him. Doug finally looked up, "Are....Are you single?" Chrisette asked, intrigued. "Because I have this friend, Kamala Harris and you would be perfect for her.

Doug's eyes widened "Wait the Attorney General of California, Oh my god She's hot!!" He blurted out with a smile. "I mean she's just..wow she's such an amazing woman. After hearing the things Doug had to say about Kamala, Chrisette gave him Kamala's number then thought it'd be best to let her friend know.

Kamala was in the middle of a meeting when her phone began buzzing. She saw that it was Chrisette but ignored her calls. After several more calls Kamala began to worry ~"what if somethings happened? What about the kids?"~ Kamala thought to herself, as she was the godmother of Chrisette and Reggie children. "Excuse me, sorry I'm going to have to take this." She explained as she grabbed her phone and stepped out the room.

Kamala returned Chrisette's call. "What's going on? Is everything okay?" Kamala asked, worried. "You're going on a date" Chrisette said with such excitement. Kamala was confused "I am?". Chrisette responded with certainty "You are. I just met this guy. He's cute and he is the managing partner of the law firm he works at. I think you're going to like him. He's based here in Los Angeles, but you're always here for work anyway" Chrisette explained.

Kamala let out a sigh "What's his name?" she asked. "His name is Doug Emhoff, promise me you won't google him. Don't overthink it. Just meet him at least" Chrisette pleaded. "I already gave him your number, he's going to reach out."  Kamala groaned internally, she appreciates Chrisettes approach and efforts and agrees.