Chapter 3: Love at First Sight

Saturday had arrived and Kamala was nervous, on her way to the airport she sent Doug a quick text. *"Hey Doug, Just wanted to let you know I'm on my way to the airport, I can't wait to finally meet you. 😉 Kamala."* Kamala read her text three times before finally sending it. 

Once her flight landed, Kamala caught a taxi to her L.A apartment, where she relaxed until it was time to get ready. After awhile she looked at the time and realized she should get ready. First she took a shower, hoping that it would ease her butterflies. ~'Relax Kamala, you like him, everything will be fine, he would never do what your college boyfriend did to you'~ she told herself as she rinsed the soap suds off. 

After getting out and drying herself off Kamala put on her outfit. It was nothing fancy, just as Doug had told her, then she styled her hair and put on some makeup. As she put away her make up she heard a knock on her door. She checked the time and it was 5:30 PM. 

Kamala checks herself in the mirror once more before making her way to the door. As she places her hand on the door knob she takes one last deep breath. She opens the door and finds herself looking into the dark mysterious eyes of one of the most handsomest men she has ever seen.

Doug was wearing black pants, a light blue button up shirt, a black coat and sneakers. He had a box of chocolates and a bunch of roses. He swallows a lump in the back of his throat and blurts out "You're so beautiful', Kamala stood before him in Jeans, A loosely fitting white v neck shirt, a brown leather jacket and black and white Chuck Taylor's. 

Kamala chuckles, "Thank you, but I'd prefer it if you called me Kamala" she joked still chuckling. She looked him up and down. Doug's eyes widened as he realized what he had said. "I'm sorry I mean, Hi I'm Doug. I didn't know if you preferred chocolates or roses so I got both." he explained holding the items out to her. "Awe Doug you shouldn't have. Thank you" Kamala exclaims as she takes the items from him. "I'm just going to pop these in some water and then we can leave Okay?".

Doug nods "Yeah of course." As Kamala disappears inside Doug mentally kicked himself for his slip of the tongue ~"Don't ruin it"~ he mumbled to himself as he seen Kamala coming back, smiling and carrying her handbag. "Ready?" Doug asked, returning a sweet smile. Kamala nodded and grabbed her key.

 She shuts the door and locks it before walking out of the building with Doug. Once they got to Doug's car, he unlocked it and opened the passenger door for her.  "Thank you" Kamala said. Once she was comfortably situated Doug closed the door and walked to the drivers side and got in. 

Doug started the car and as he began driving Kamala looked out the window. After a few minutes she looked at him and asked "So where are we going exactly?" Doug spoke as he kept his eye on the road "To a small restaurant across from the beach" he responded. "You look really nice by the way" Doug admitted. Kamala blushed and smiled, looking down at her hands. "Thank you, You're not too bad yourself" she complimented, looking back up at him. 

Once at the restaurant Doug quickly got out and ran to the passenger side to open the door. Kamala unbuckled her seat belt and grabbed her handbag and was about to get out when Doug offered her his hand. She could hear her own heart pounding as she stared at his hand. She moved her gaze up to meet his eyes as she reached for his hand. "Thank you" she spoke in a voice that was barely audible.

Doug just smiled sweetly as he helped her out of the car, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. After locking the car, without realizing it Doug placed his hand on the small of Kamala's back. Once in the restaurant the hostess called Kamala Doug's wife. 

He realized his hand was still on the small of her back "Sorry" he mouthed to her and removed it. Kamala was a little disappointed that he remove his hand, to her it felt like a great loss. Doug's hand had felt extremely comforting and made Kamala feel safe and protected.