Chapter 26: Meeting the Kids

◆☆Kamala POV☆◆
It's Thursday and i'm in L.A, I leave my office and head back to my apartment but stop to get a tin of cookies. Once home I get changed into jeans and chucks with a blouse that isn't too revealing. I send Doug a text *"Is there anything I should bring?"*
*"are you planning to stay the night because if yes then some clothes ,but no, you should be good"*
*"Would the kids be comfortable with that?"*
*"Yeah, I think they're more focused on meeting you because they're so excited"*
*"Okay, I'll see you shortly."*
I tie a ribbon around the cookie tin and grab an overnight bag and hide a couple of things in it for Doug.
*"okay"*

I get a taxi to Doug's house and I rehearse in my head what i'm going to say, while there is more then just butterflies in my stomach.
After paying the driver I get out and grab my overnight bag and handbag. I smile when Doug comes out to greet me. He smiles and kisses me gently, then he takes my bag and leads me inside the house where the kids are waiting.
"Guys this is Kamala, my girlfriend" he tells them.
"Hello" I say nervously.
Ella looks me up and down.
"These are for you guys" I say holding the tin of cookies out to them.
Ella takes the cookies with shaky hands and stutters in a soft voice "Thank...thank you". Doug gently rubs her back and says "It's okay princess don't be scared".

▲▲Cole POV▲▲
She looks familiar, then it hits me, "Wait your the Attorney General of California".

◆☆Kamala POV☆◆
I laugh and nod "Yes, yes i am." I look at Ella and smile sadly, it breaks my heart to see her scared but I understand why she's scared considering what Doug has told me.
Ella's face lights up "really? that's so cool".
Doug smiles at the both of us .
"Yes it is" I tell her, "Maybe someday I can show you guys my office"
Ella smiles, "yeah".
I smile and look up at Doug, then look at the kids again. "So, where have you guys chosen for us to eat?"
"Um a nice restaurant not too fancy, I forgot what it's called" Ella says.
"Okay" I smile.
"Okay, i'm gonna go ch- change" Ella says.
I nod "Sure sweetie take as long as you need."
"Im gonna change too" Cole says.
"Okay bud" Doug says, then we watch as they both go upstairs "C'mon" he says taking my bags and walking into the master bedroom.
I follow behind him. "Oh wow this is amazing" I say looking around, from the looks of his bedroom, Doug is in touch with his feminine side, atleast in regard to design and interior. He smiles and says "yeah I guess so" as he puts my stuff down and heads to the walk in closet.
I sit on the bed. "ummm do you want a tour of the house by the way?" He asks picking out clothes. "Of course honey" I say and gulp when a wave of nausea washes over me. I reach
into my handbag and grab some gum to chew on.
"Okay" he says, laying his outfit out "okay let's go".
I hold his hand and follow him as I chew on my gum.
We walk out the room "So this is the living room and dining room", the he takes me to the kitchen, "and this is the kitchen".
I picture myself cooking in his kitchen and I smile.
"Nice. The kitchen is perfect" I say, then my gaze moves to the window, I look out the window and get excited "YOU HAVE A POOL?!"

"oh god" he whispers to himself, "yes, yes i do" he takes me out to the backyard, where there's a pool, and a hot tub. "AND A HOT TUB?!"
"y-yep" he says, nodding his head.
I look at him "What's wrong?"
"Nothing c'mon" he says taking me back inside and upstairs. I frown and just follow him. Its not like i can use the hot tub anyway I think to myself.

He takes me to the guest room, and the guest bathroom. "that's the guest room and then the guest bathroom, and the kids have their own bathroom".
I nod "Okay." He walks me back downstairs to his bedroom, then we hear the kids
coming out of they're rooms. "I'll let you get ready" I tell him.
"Okay" he smiles"i love you".
"I Love You, too" I go and sit on the couch with my handbag.

◆◆Ella POV◆◆
I come out of my room, playing on my phone. Kamala looks up and smiles when she sees me coming downstairs.

◆☆Kamala POV☆◆
As watch her, I wonder why any mother would be so cruel to such a sweet girl, their own daughter.

◆◆Ella POV◆◆
I look up at her and smile, to be completely honest I've only met this woman once and only
known her for the past half hour but I feel safe with her and loved.

◆☆Kamala POV☆◆
"You look adorable sweetie" I say as she sits down. "Thank you" Ella says. I place my hand on top of her's "Your welcome beautiful girl". She looks at my hand on top of hers, then into my eyes and smiles. I smile back but as sh's looking into my eyes I can see the pain and
hurt in them.

▲▲Cole POV▲▲
I come downstairs and see Kamala and Ella."Is dad still doing his hair and make up?" I ask them as a joke.

◆☆Kamala POV☆◆
Doug comes out "I heard that".
"Uh-oh" Cole laughs. I can't help but to laugh at their playful banter.
"it's okay" Doug says ruffling Coles hair.
"Are we ready to go?" I ask standing up. This is something that I have always wanted in my life, a man I love with my whole heart, whom loves me just as much maybe even more and kids, though theyre teenagers, its nice.
"Yeah" they say in unison.
We pile into Doug's car and head to the restaurant. I chuckle when i realize it's where we had our second date. I place my hand on Doug's leg and whisper "Just remember if he is here I love you and only you. Don't let him get to you, I dont want you punching a second person for me. But also remember, your sexy when your jealous".
He whispers back "I know, and I won't not in front of the kids, and thank you".
I smile as we get out and walk in. The waiter is here and smiles at me but his smile fades when he sees Doug and the kids. I look away and pay attention to the kids and Doug.

★★Doug POV★★
I look at the waiter and see his smile fade and think to myself ~"gotcha bitch".~
Kamala holds my hand and pull's Ella close as we're shown to our table.
Ella smiles and lay's her head on Kamala's shoulder.
Kamala smiles and pulls Ella's chair out for her as I pull Kamala's out for her.

●●Normal POV●●
Ella smiles and sits down placing her phone on the table.The waiter comes over and hands them the drinks menu, he tries not to make eye contact with Kamala as he walks away.
"what's up with him, not making eye contact? why?" Ellas asks.
Kamala leans over and whispers "It's kind of a long story, but your Dad and I came here on our second date and before we left he slipped me a piece of paper with his number on it."e "ohhh okay... got it" Ella looks at the waiter and gives him a smile before returning to her rest bitch face.
Kamala holds back a laugh. "What are you getting to drink Dougie?"
"sangria."
She smiles and nods, "What about you guys?" she asks Cole and Ella. 
Ella bites her lip looking down at the menu, which reminded Kamala of Doug biting his lip
when he's thinking, then looking up at Kamala, Ella says "Sherly temple".
"Okay" Kamala smiles.
"I'll just have Dr.pepper" Cole says.
Kamala looks at the menu, "I'll probably just have a water, I don't really want to drink alcohol."
Doug nods "okay".
The waiter goes over to take their drink order and looks at Doug with a cold stare "And you?" he asks him.
"sangria"
Kamala watches as the waiter takes the kids order then looks at her, his expression softens "And for you beautiful?"
With a smile she says "just water thank you." She uses her foot under the table, to gently move up and down Dougs shin to calm him and ease his jealousy.
Doug takes a deep breath and smiles.
Ella looks at the waiter dead in the eyes, death staring him as her jaw
tenses. He walks away to get their drinks.
"Good job Dougie" Kamala mouths to Doug.
"i'm gonna fucking kill him" Doug whispers.
"son of bitch" Ella whispers under breath.
Kamala bites her lip holding back a moan, she sends Doug a quick text, *"Baby calm down you don't know what your jealousy and temper are doing. I swear i'm close and you haven't even touched me, now i'm sure you wouldn't want me to come in this restaurant with your children right here and the waiter looking at me now would you?"*
Doug reads her text and smirks *"your right i don't, but you might have someone else to worry about, other then me"*
Kamala frowns with confusion and looks up at Ella. She gently touches Ellas hand "Sweetie" Kamala whispers.
Ella's expression softens and she calms down, just by the touch of Kamala's hand "yeah?"
"It's okay, I promise. I know you're probably worried but i'm fine. Many men have eyed me in the past but I don't let it get to me."
Ella takes a deep breath "okay".
Kamala smiles "That's a good girl."
Ella smiles back.
The waiter brings their drinks and asks them to look at the food menu.

★★Doug POV★★
I see Ella go right back to the bitchy state she was in and lean closer to Kamala, "like father like daughter, she just wants to protect you".
Kamala smiles and whispers back to me "She looks like you too.
Hopefully you and I can make another mini you."
"She does, and I hope so".

●● Normal POV ●●
"Just signal for me when y'all are ready to order your food" the waiter says.
"shut the f- ohhhh i'm done" Ella whispers. Kamala looks at her shocked.
"I-Ella" Doug says as him and Kamala watch the waiter walk away.
"Sweetheart" Kamala says.
"i'm sorry, i'll stop" Ella mutters.
"It's okay I just don't want us to get banned".
"we won't it's fine" Ella says.
"Thank you" Kamala says and looks at the menu.
Ella bites her lip trying to calm down, and decides to get up and head to the bathroom "i'll be right back" she says.

◆☆Kamala POV☆◆
I look at Doug, "Should I go after her?"
"Yeah go check on her" he nods.
Ella is in the bathroom pacing back and forth trying to calm herself down when I walk in "Ella?" I say looking at her. Her hands are shaky as I walk in "yeah?" Ella replies.
"Are you okay?" I ask.
"yeah..im- im fine" she answers taking a deep breath.
"What's wrong?" I ask walking toward her.
"Nothing, I'm just tired".
"Please look at me".
Ella looks at me holding back tears "Everything was my fault, her losing dad was my fault, them getting a divorce was my fault".
"What do you mean sweetie?" Ella starts crying, and sobbing "she told me everything their marriage problems, her problems everything bad that happened either me or cole were blamed for it" Ella cries sinking down the wall and hugging her knees.
I sit next to her and pull her close to me and she cries on shoulder "everything was my fault, even though i did nothing".
"Its not your fault, baby girl I promise, its not. Sometimes people just they suffer something deep inside and they don't want to talk about it and the longer theyre silent the worse they are".
"i can't do this anymore, i'm so tired and just ready to go" she says.
I hold her tighter "Sweetie don't think like that please. I've been exactly where you
are, suicidal and self destructive. So please I'm here for you" I tell her.
"i'm tired, Kamala i'm tired, so tired".
Tears start to stream down my face "Sweet heart what can I do to make this better for you, because you are such a smart, strong, beautiful girl with so much potential and I want to see you blossom into the amazing young woman you're becoming"
"i don't know, i really don't and i wish i did but i don't".
"Well Im here for you and I want you to always remember that" I reach into my bag and pull out a piece of paper and a pen.
"I will, thank you".
I write my number down "If you ever want to talk when im not around just call me okay?"
Ella calms down "okay".
"You ready to get back out there?"I ask.
"yeah". I stand up and help her up grabbing my make up bag from my hand bag and I clean her face, so I fix her make up.
Ella smiles "thank you".
"Your welcome" I smile, packing it back up. I grab my bag and we walk back to the table with our arms looped.

●●Normal POV●●
Doug sees them come back and smiles. "did you miss us?" Kamala asks with smile, leaning down to give him a soft kiss.
He smiles "yeah".
"Have you boys ordered yet?" she asks.
"no not yet"
"Okay, what do you guys want anyway?" she asks reading her menu.
Ella is looking at the menu "i'll just have the lasagna". "me too with some fries" Kamala says.
Ella smiles "okay".
The waiter comes over and takes their order. When they get their food the smell of Coles makes Kamala feel sick. He ordered something from the seafood menu. She swallows hard and tries
to act normal. Doug looks over at Kamala and notices she's off and whispers "hey baby are you okay?" Kamala nod's"Yeah, I just haven't eaten much today so feel a little sick."
"oh okay" he says
They enjoy their meal and talk, getting to know each other and laughing. When they leave they listen to music and of course Kamala grooves along.
Ella looks at her with a smile.

◆☆Kamala POV☆◆
We get back to the house. Ella goes straight to her room tired and Cole says "I'm gonna have a shower and just hang out in my room."
"okay" Doug says.
We watch as they go upstairs. "Soo?" I look at Doug.