Chapter 8: No Matter What

Kamala POV

I wake up the following morning and Doug is still asleep, so I get dressed  and sneak out for my morning jog. On my way back I go to the store for milk, bacon and eggs and bread. I open the fridge not realizing the note was there. I close it and start to walk away. I stop and look at the fridge and I see the note. As I read it tears well up in my eyes, covered in sweat I run to the bedroom and jump on Doug.

Doug wakes up to me on top of him "well hello? good morning" he says sleepily. I look at him and just smile. "Why are your eyes red? what's wrong?" he asks concerned.
"You are such a sweet, sweet man." i say.
"thank you but you didn't answer my question" he says.
"Your note." I say
"ohhhhh yeah kinda forgot about that" he says. I kiss him and then pull back to look at him, he smiles at me and says "your so cute, but sweaty".
"Ohh right i'm so sorry. I forgot, I went for a jog and went to the store and" I stop speaking
when i feel.. something poke me "and?..." he says
"And i saw your note and i came running to the bedroom to thank you
and kiss you and... you have some morning wood.." i answer.
"ohhh righttt also forgot about that" he says. I smirk and deliberately wiggle my hips as I say "it's ok it's normal for men." He kisses me again "I know".
"Well i'm gonna go cook us breakfast. You can have a shower if you want."
"okay" he says. I kiss him again before climbing off of him. "You can take care of that if you want" I tell him.
"i- i'm good, i'm gonna go get in the shower" he says
I frown but smile and nod "Okay handsome".
I watch him get up and head for the bathroom but stop and say "bye beautiful".

Normal POV

Kamala smiles as she starts cooking their food. As the bacon cooks Kamala stares at his note on the fridge and smiles. Once she hears the bathroom door open she quickly turn back to the food.
Doug walks out to the kitchen and wraps his arms around her waist.
"This feels so right." she says. "What, us or the food?" he asks.
Kamala laughs "Us silly."
Doug smiles and agrees smile "yeah, yeah it does".

Doug POV

"I have to go back home today" she says sadly, dishing up our food.
"okay"i say as i let her go. She frowns and put our food on the table.
"what's wrong?" i ask
"I just expected a bigger reaction." she says
"Well I am hurt that you have to leave" I admit.
"Me too." she says sitting down.
I feel like i messed up and all i say is "oh okay"

Kamala POV

I look at his expression and I stand back up and walk around the small
round table. I sit on his lap and wrap my arms around his neck. "I'm sorry baby."
He smiles and says "it's okay, don't be sorry. Do you want me to drop you off?"
"If your not doing anything, Yes please."
"i'm not, it's okay i'll take you" he says.
"Thank You Dougie" I whisper in his ear before I kiss down to his collarbone. I start to nibble on the skin and leave my mark there.
"mmm" He bites his lip, moaning. "Of course" he says.
Once I leave a reddish-purple mark I stand up to sit back on my own chair.
Doug smirks and watches me sit back down.
"What?" I ask with a slight giggle.
"nothing" he smiles as he continues eating.
I continue eating and sharing glances then I laugh when I remember the waiter and Doug's jealousy. Doug laughs a little "what?" he asks.
"You know your sexy when your jealous." I respond.
"mmh thank you but are you referring to last night?" he asks.
"Yes" i say
"mmh thank you, your just beautiful in general" he says.
I blush and look at my plate with a smile.
"you know your smile is also beautiful, and one of my favorite things to do is make you smile".
I reach across the table and hold his hand in mine.

Normal

Doug looks at her hands imagining a ring on her finger.
"I love you" she says.
"i love you more" Doug responds.
"I love you most." Kamala says back
"i- i can't go further then that, but i love you no matter what" He tells her.
Kamala laughs "I know" she says, taking their dishes to the sink.
"Good" he tells her.

Kamala pov

I start to think. "Wait, no matter what?" I ask.
"No matter what happens, with your career or personal life I'll still
love you, there's no way i could stop loving you". I hold my breath after hearing those sweet words, I exhale and begin to speak "What about..never mind its nothing" I turn back to the dishes.

Doug get's up and wrap his arms around my waist "about what, you can
tell me" he spoke softly against my ear.
"What about the past?" I ask softly.
"What are talking about, what about your past?" he asks, a little confused.
"Will you still love me despite what happened in my past?" i ask straight out.
"Of course I would, but what happened? if you don't mind me asking" he asks.
"Well not finding the right man and focusing on my career isn't the only
reason I never had children" i say quietly as I turn in his arms.
"What was the other reason?" he asks.
"Well... when I was in college a guy I was dating took me to this
party and I got drunk. Long story short we got pregnant, I was going
to tell him but then I caught him with someone else. So I was stuck with a
decision to make on my own. I was going to have an abortion but then after thinking some more I changed my mind. After deciding I was going to keep the baby I had a miscarriage and I've been afraid to conceive again ever since."
Doug looks down at me and licks his lips "So? that doesn't mean that i
can't still love you, as I said I love you..no matter what".
I kiss him and say "Thank You."
"Of course, your past doesn't define you as a person, it's makes you
who you are. You have to focus on the future". he explains
I nod and smile "Your right and I am."
"good" he says and kisses me again.