Chapter 31: Tuff

When they're finished at the aquarium they get some takeaway burgers and go back to the house to eat, Doug just can't stop smiling.
"What are you smiling about?" Kamala asks, with a smile of her own.
"Nothing" he says. Suddenly he hears a knock at the door.

"I'll get it" Ella says getting up to open the door "ye- oh god" she says.
It's Kerstin and she's furious.
"Wheres your father?" She asks.
"Behind me are you blind?" Ella says pointing over her shoulder to the couch.
"Shut up you smart ass." Kerstin says pushing past her, she sees Kamala on the couch. "Who the fuck is she?" she asks.
"Call me a smart ass one more time I'm gonna fucking kill you. Also if you couldn't tell, that's the
Attorney General of California" Ella says.

Kerstin looks at Doug "Your having women around my fucking kids?" she asks raising her voice.
"So now they're your kids but on the phone she's only MY daughter? and yes i am and they like her so tuff" he shouts back.
"SO YOU'VE BEEN FUCKING SOME.. SOME HUSSY WHEN YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING
THEM?!"
Ella grabs Kerstin by the collar and pulls her down to her level "call his girlfriend a hussy one more time i'll beat the shit out of you, i'm tired of your bullshit mom so just leave, it makes everyone's life easier".
Kerstin looks at Doug "You want them fine, you have 24 hours to remove
they're crap from my house."
Ella pushes her out of her grip and walks away.
Kamala pulls Ella to her and holds her close.
Kerstin sees Kamala hugging Ella then looks back at Doug "Or im throwing it in the trash."
Ella holds back tears just looking up at the ceiling.

"fine" Doug says and Kerstin leaves.
Cole looks at Doug in disbelief.
Doug looks at Cole and just shakes his head "do you guys wanna live with me?"
Tears start to stream down Ella's face.
"Yes of course" Cole says.
Kamala looks up at Doug, still holding Ella.
"Ella?" Doug says.
"ye- yeah that would be nice" Ella says as her voice breaks, "really nice".

Kamala holds one arm out "Come on boys". Doug and Cole walk over and she pulls them into a hug. "I love you guys okay?" Kamala says.
Doug kisses everyone's head "I love you guys too."

Kamala feels his hand slip around her waist and rest protectively on her stomach.
"What do you guys wanna do? I can stay another night or two." Kamala says.
Ella takes a deep breath and thinks "I kinda wanna go swimming"