Chapter 4: Make this Work

Kamala had been at the gym the morning after their first date and her mind kept shifting back to Doug. It had been awhile since she had been on a date because she was always focused on her career. She's glad she did focus on her career otherwise she would never have gotten the chance to meet Doug. She probably would've been married to someone who didn't love her if she hadn't been driven by her career. She checks her email and sees that she had received one from Doug. She smiled to herself as she began to read it.

"I'm too old to play games or hide the ball. I really like you and I want to see if we can make this work. I have attached all the dates i'm available for the next couple of months. I'd really like to see you this coming Saturday."

After checking her own schedule Kamala responded to his email. "Hi Doug, I also had a wonderful time and I'm sorry but I can't this Saturday I have a girls weekend planned and it has been planned for awhile." She was surprised at his eagerness, but she found it sweet that Doug was so interested in her.

Doug read Kamala's reply and was a little disappointed. He began typing "That's not a problem at all. I could come up then you and I could sneak off on the margins" He smiles as he sends it.

Kamala groaned as she read it. He was making it harder for her to say no, but 'sneak off' sounded like he had 'ideas', which she wasn't ready for. They had only been on one date, yes she likes him...ALOT but she doesn't want to get hurt and she wanted to be sure she had found the one before letting him see or even touch her 'goodies'.

She responded again "Doug i really appreciate your effort and enthusiasm but i can't. A girls weekend is therapeutic with no male counterparts. Besides I think they would notice i was missing. We can go out later this week."

"Sure of course later this week is fine. I would also notice if the room was missing the most beautiful woman too" Doug replied.  Then the pair made plans for Wednesday night and got on with their day.