Chapter 62: Alone time

About 4 weeks pass by I arrive home after work, Doug is already home. It's a friday night and cole and ella are staying at friends houses. Its about 6:00pm, i walk in the front door with mcdonalds for the two of us, im mad "Alright mister you and i need to talk about the woman that was in your office today."
I had gone to see him at lunch time, he doesnt know about it. I get to the living room and
i stop when i see doug and 2 guys i dont know, theyre eatting pizza, drinking beers and watching the basketball game.

Doug gets up and walks over to me "hi baby".

I've never met his friends before. "..hi.."

"what's wrong?"

"are these your friends?"
"yeah why?"
"you didnt tell me they were coming over."

"I'm sorry I thought you had a meeting"

"I did thats why im home so late. I guess i bought mcdonalds for nothing"

"no no i can send them home and we can spend time together".

"no no baby thats okay you guys are watching the game."

"okay" he walks away and goes and sits back down on the couch and the game is finishing.
I go to the kitchen and sit at the island.

●★Doug POV★●
The game is over.

"So that's the woman who your always talking about huh?" Kevin asks.

"yeah" I say.

"She seems nice."

"yeah she is"

Kevin hands me and eric another beer, "nah i'm good" i hand it back to him.

"I cant believe John couldnt join us tonight" Kevin says.

"yeah it's a shame, but he had to take care of his girl, so makes sense". Kevin wiggles his eyebrows "Take care of her how?"

"Stop, she's pregnant so he's just being there for her".

"speaking of pregnant, did i see a bump on your girl?"

"yeah"

"Damn congratulations Doug."

"thanks".

I feel bad for leaving Kamala in the house and also for not telling her, "alright well it's late guys, goodnight" i walk back in the house. I lock the door and finish cleaning up.

●★Kamala POV★●
I'm in the bath when I suddenly sit up and place a hand on my stomach "DOUGIE COME QUICKLY".

He quickly rushes to our room and into the bathroom "what? what happened? are you okay? do you need something?"

"Quick feel" I reach for his hand, but by the time he touches my stomach it stops.

"feel what?, did jellyfish kick?!".

"It felt like something ran across my stomach"

"oh?"
"Yeah" I look down.
He lifts my chin "hey it's okay, you'll get another one and i promise i'll be there".

"I guess. So...who was she?"

"who was who?" he asks confused.

"In your office."

"oh my assistant, why?"

"And you let her sit on your desk like
that?"

He narrows his eyebrows confused "she was sitting on my desk?"

"You were laughing with her Doug, thats why i left before you saw me."

"ohhh yeah no we were talking about the game, she's a lakers fan, also you could've came in"

"I'm sorry. I just i saw her on your desk so i panicked and left."

"it's okay, what do you think we were doing?"

"to be honest i um
thought you were cheating on me."

"baby, my love, lover what you talking about, i would never do that to you and you know that, i love you and only you, you're the one i'm most loyal to. The amount of times I say I love you or call you my love or lover is for this reason, to show you that i only love you. I use those names for a reason okay? plus you're pregnant and i could never cheat on you also because of that, even if you weren't pregnant, either way i wouldn't and won't stop loving you".

I smile "oh baby, i love you so much, I know you would never cheat but in that moment that i saw you two together i got scared and left. "

"don't be scared i would never do that to you okay?" he cups my face.

I nod and smile "Okay, would you like to join me?"

"if you would like that".

"It'd be nice to relax together."

"yeah you're right" he stands up and takes off his clothes then gets in with me, sighing in relaxation. I adjust myself and lean back on him. Doug smiles and holds my waist.

I close my eyes and say softly " the builders are coming tomorrow".

"oh okay...wait you already paid for it?"

"No theyre just going to assess the area then give us a price estimation."

"oh okay, just making sure".

I laugh "I know baby , you are gonna pay because it is your obligation to."

"exactly" he smiles.

I place my hands on his. "Im getting so big all over".

"i know and that's a good thing, our baby is growing"