Chapter 25: False Hope

Doug wakes up with Kamala on his mind and goes to check on the kids.
"Hey Dad, how'd you sleep?" Cole asks.
"Hey bud, good how about you?" Doug asks.
"Good" Cole responds.
"that's good, well i'm gonna make breakfast can your wake up her sister?" Doug asks.
Cole nods and heads back upstairs as Doug heads to the kitchen and starts making breakfast.

Kamala wakes up and goes to the kitchen.
Maya slowly wakes up and sees Kamala in the kitchen "oh hey sis".
"Did I wake you?" Kamala asks.
"no" Maya says slowly getting up and walking to the kitchen.
"Okay" Kamala leans against the counter and smiles as she sips her coffee.
Maya starts making coffee and sees Kamala smiling, "thinking of him again?" She asks "Totally" Kamala laughs "I spoke to him last night."
"oh really" she takes a sip of her coffee, "and how'd that go".
Kamala bites her lip before taking another sip.
Maya looks at her and raise an eyebrow "what happened? what did you do?"
"Well we were texting and I just thought maybe I should send him a sexy photo ...so i did."
"Girl wait. I have one question...does he have big dick?"

Kamala goes red "Maya!", she smirks and just nods.
Maya starts laughing , "listen i don't make the rules but you know what they say, the bigger the dick, the bigger the personality".
Kamala's smile fades "What are you trying to say?"
"what? it was a joke chill".
"No seriously Maya what are you trynna say about my Dougie?"
"nothing it was joke, why are you getting so defensive?"
Kamala puts her cup down and walks to her room, trying to hold back tears.
"Wait Kamala it was a joke chill, i didn't mean it" Maya starts chasing after her.

Kamala opens the door "Why would you say something like that about a man you've never met?"
"Because it was a joke and i didn't mean it".
Kamala nods "Fine.
Maya slowly backs up and heads to the guest room "i can't".
Kamala closes the door and sits on her bed to call Doug as tears stream down her face.

Doug sees Kamala calling and starts to walk into his room "hey love what's up?"
Kamala tries to hide the fact shes crying "I just wanted to hear your voice again."
He can hear in her voice that she's crying "what's wrong love? are you okay? what happened?"
"My sister said something hurtful, I just dont understand why she would say something like that when she's never even met you."
"she said something about me?"
"Yes I'm sorry."
"don't apologize,
I just thought she was cool with us being together".
Maya hears them talking and bursts into Kamala's room "I TOLD YOU I DIDNT MEAN IT".

Kamala looks up "Baby I gotta go".
"okay..i love you" Doug says.
"I love you too so much, I can't wait til im in your arms again." They hang up.
"YOU KNOW I DIDNT MEAN IT SO WHY ARE YOU MAD" Maya yells.
"Because Maya I would never say something like that about Tony and because you've never even met him"
"I KNOW THAT BUT WAS IT OFFENSIVE?, YOU KNOW I DIDN'T MEAN IT IN THAT WAY".
"I know, i'm sorry sis."
Maya calms down but her breath is still heavy, and she feels tears welling up in her eyes "im sorry i didn't mean to yell" She start to walk away.
"Maya wait" Kamala gets up and grabs her arm, pulling her into a tight hug.
Maya starts crying on her shoulder "i'm sorry, i don't know what's been up with me lately. i didn't mean too, i won't talk about him again".
Kamala frowns that kind of behaviour isn't normal from Maya,
"What's going on? what's wrong? Talk to me" Kamala speaks softly.
"i don't know, i've just been moody lately and i don't know why".
"Are you pregnant again?" Kamala asks.
"i don't thin-oh no i might be"
"I think i have some tests."
"why do you have som- ARE YOU AND DOUG PREGNANT?"
Kamala gets up and walks to the bathroom, saying "Lord Maya no..well not yet I mean, we've discussed it and have already started trying even though we've only been together for almost three months."
"Kamala it only takes one time and it's done and over with" Maya says following her to the bathroom.
Kamala starts to think about it as she hands Maya a test.
"I think i'm late." Kamala says.
"late to what?"

Kamala laughs "you know ..late. My period, i forgot about it because ive been busy."
"ohhhhh makes sense".
"Umm im gonna take a test too." Kamala says.
"okay" Maya walks into the other bathroom to take the test.

Kamala takes the test and sends doug a text while she waits *"I love you, no matter what."*
Doug smiles *"aww i love you too"*.
Maya looks at the test and screams "OH MY GOD".
Kamala looks at her test and its negative, she wipes away a tear as
Maya runs in "Kamala Kamala, "it's positive".
"That's amazing, congratulations."
"What's does yours say?"
"Mine is negative, but its fine"
"it could be false, how long has it been since, you know what?"
"4 and a half weeks."
"oh..i mean it could be a false"
"Your totally right i'll test again in a few days."
"okay"
"But wow your going to be a mommy again and... shit meenas going to be a big sister after all these years."
"yeah...true"
"So how far along do you think you are?" Kamala asks.
"well me and Tony..you know, and he...you get it, only 2 or 3 weeks ago, so i'm not too sure"
"Ohh Okay".
"Okay"
Kamala smiles then says, "but if i'm not pregnant its for the best because I wouldnt want to meet his kids on Thursday like 'hey i've been sleeping with your daddy, now your having a baby sibling."
Maya laughs a little "yeah true".

"Oh my God and worse imagine me meeting his parents like 'Hello Mr and Mrs Emhoff your son stole my heart, then fucked me senseless, congratulations grandma and grandpa' ".

Maya starts laughing even harder "oh my god that would be terribleeee".
"Exactly." Kamala says, laughing.

"wait you said you were meeting his kids?"
"Yeah. On thursday, im nervous"
"oh wow don't be, have you heard him talking to his kids? do they seem nice?"
"Yes, he calls Ella princess."
"awww well that's good"
"I know. I just.. what do I say?"
"say what comes to heart".