Chapter 34: It's Alright

We make it to the hospital "Guys i'll be right back stay here".
Cole nods "Okay dad we'll be fine just make sure Kamala and the baby are okay."
I look at him with a smile before carrying Kamala inside. A nurse says "Sir what happened?"
"She's pregnant and my crazy ex wife kneed her in the stomach".
The nurse nods "Okay lets get you to a room and we'll do an ultrasound.
"Okay" I watch as they start to take her.
Kamala looks at the nurse "I want him to come with me."
The nurse nods, "okay sir you can come with us"
We get in the room and they ask questions.
Kamala tells them "I'm about 7 weeks along, I only found out yesterday morning so i haven't had it confirmed by a doctor and i had a miscarriage back in college."

Just then a Doctor comes in. "Usually this early in pregnancy the baby and uterus is completely protected by the pelvis and the bones of the pelvis act as a protective barrier. But lets take a look shall we?."
Kamala and I, both nod "okay". The Doctor turns a dial on the machine as Kamala looks at the screen then at me, she bursts into tears as a strong heartbeat fills the room. I smile holding her hand. The Doctor points to an area on the screen "That right there is your fetus.
Everything looks great and okay. You might have some bruising for a few days but you and your baby are okay." Kamala looks at me and says with a smile "Our baby."
The doctor prescribes prenatal vitamins and gives us a print off of the ultrasound but also a disc of it and tells us the due date, which is December 18. After giving us more information and examining Kamala further, she lets us leave, but gives us another appointment for next week so the baby can develop a bit more.
"thank you" we walk out and get back into the car.

Cole and Ella look at eachother than at Kamala and I.
Kamala looks at me then smiles at Cole and Ella "Well, I guess you guys already know, I'm
pregnant."
"Yeah... that was yeah" Ella says just nodding.
"I know its too soon in our relationship but I swear to you both I love your dad so
much."
"no no it's fine" Ella says.
"Well the baby is due the 18th of December. Please don't tell anyone because i haven't met your grandparents yet and you guys haven't met my family yet." 

"we won't i promise" Cole says.
"Thank you" she smiles as we head back to to my house.
"of course" Ella smiles.
We walk inside and the kids head upstairs. I look at the ultrasound pictures and smile. Kamala walks into my room and sits on the bed thinking about everything that happened.
I put the pictures on the table and walk into the room, kneeling in front of her, I hold her hands "are you okay?" I ask concerned.
"Yeah I think so yeah."
"Baby it's okay if your not, it's gonna be okay, alright?"
She wipes a stray tear from her eye "The things she said to me."
"I know but don't take it to heart she was drunk, i know that's not an excuse but don't listen to her".
"I know but she made me feel like crap by even making me say Willies name."

"Kamala thats the way she is, and it's all gonna be okay, don't let her get to you okay, your a strong, beautiful, independent women".
She smiles at me and leans down to give me a kiss.
I smile as i return the kiss.
After a few minutes she pull's away "Do you want some help with the rest of the kids stuff?"
"yeah that would be nice"
She follows me out to the car. I grab some stuff and she grabs some stuff "you got it?" I ask. "Yes" she says with a smile as we take it upstairs to their rooms.
"okay" I drop Coles things in his room.

●●Normal POV●●
Ella hears a knock at her door and quickly dries her tears. Kamala opens the door and sees Ella's tear stained face. She speaks softly "I was just bringing the rest of your things up. Are you okay?" She asks her.
Ella swallows the lump in her throat and nods "yeah and thank you".

Kamala closes the door behind her and makes her way over to Ella's bed after putting her things down. Ella starts fidgeting with her hands trying not to cry.
Kamala gently lifts her head by her chin and looks at her "Whats wrong baby girl?"
"it hurts so much seeing my mother like that, and i can't stand it anymore" she says as tears start to pour out.
"It's okay sweetheart you don't have to worry about it anymore." Kamala hugs her to her chest and rubs her back.
"I feel like I do, I don't know why but i do and it hurts and the fact that she hurt you makes it even worse".
"I know you feel like that but that's because she carried you and gave birth to you. She will always be your mother, I could never replace her and i won't unless you want me too.
But the way she treats you guys it's just not right."
"can you? i would love that to happen because i can't deal with that right now" Ella says.
Kamala pulls back and looks at her, "Is that what you want?"
"yeah I mean it would be nice, you don't have too".
"No sweetie I want to."
"really?"
"Yes" Kamala says smiling.
"okay" Ella smiles back.

Kamala kisses her forehead. "You get some sleep okay and tomorrow I will help you organise all your stuff."
Ella smiles and nods "okay"
"Good night sweetie." Kamala says blowing her another kiss before walking out.
Ella catches it and lays down with smile "goodnight... momala".
Kamala hears her and just smiles as she walks over to Coles room to see if Doug is still there.

●★Doug POV★●
I see Kamala and smile.
"You boys okay?" She asks us and we both nod.
She gives Cole a kiss on the head and a hug. Then looks at both of us "Well im going to have a shower and lay down."
I smile at the way she interacts with him "okay, i'll be there in a minute" I say. She nod's "Okay honey."
I give her a quick kiss.
She smiles and says "Goodnight Cole."
"goodnight" Cole says in return.
She walks and goes downstairs.

"is Ella gonna be okay?" Cole asks me.
I nod "Yeah bud shes going to be just fine. She has Kamala and so do you okay?" I say ruffling his hair.
He smiles and nods "okay".
"alright bud, goodnight"
"Goodnight dad".
I kiss his head and walk out as he turns his lamp off.

●●Normal POV●●
Kamala is sitting in the bed with her laptop and documents working on some stuff for work. She hears Doug come downstairs but doesn't look up.
Doug walks in and sees her working so he goes into the closet and shuts the door so he doesn't distract her.
She packs up her laptop and just sits there waiting for him to come out.
He walks back out and lays down. She rolls over onto her side to face him. He faces her and smiles.
"Where did you put the pictures?" She asks placing a hand on his chest.
"Oh I left them on the table i'll get them" He says getting up.
"Thank you baby".

●★Doug POV★●
I grab the pictures but notice one is missing "oh?" I walk back in "there's one missing".
She looks at me with a confused frown "wha- what do you mean it's missing?"
"I put them all on the table and now one of them is missing".
She sits up almost in tears. I hand her one and then the disc. She calm's down "Maybe one of the
kids has it. We can ask them in the morning".
"okay"
She snuggles into my arms "Is it too late to give you what i was going to give you?"
"I don't think so, depends on what it is"