Chapter 30: Aquarium

Once at the aquarium the kids walk just a little in front of Doug and Kamala. Doug smiles and holds her hand, watching the the kids. Kamala looks at Doug when his phone starts ringing.
He answers the phone "hello, what do you want Kerstin?"
"Where are you? Why the fuck aren't the kids at school? I just got a call from the school saying
they weren't in class!" Kerstin asks.
"Kerstin calm the fuck down, I don't have time for this, listen I took them to the aquarium because they were having a stressful week at school, plus it's friday, it's fine".
"It's not fine when your fucking daughter is failing because shes stupid."
"Call my daughter stupid one more time I'll take away your parental rights, she's not stupid. She's trying her best and that's all that matters".
"Trying her best my ass Doug, she's not trying hard enough I'm tired of telling her to stop being so stupid and just do her homework."
"This is exactly why she doesn't like you because your mentally abusive, now shut the fuck up and get off my phone, I'm tired of hearing your voice bye".

Kamala watches him hang up and pulls him into a hug as Cole and Ella are looking at some fish. She rubs his back and whispers, "its ok baby."
"I'm gonna kill her I swear to god".
"No baby, I know you want to but you cant."
"I know because it's illegal, but if it wasn't i'd take me chance".
"I know baby" she rubs his back, feeling how tense he is "Baby your tense."
"I know because she keeps complaining to me about how stupid Ella is and she's not that's exactly why I threatened to take her parenatal rights away because I know Ella can't handle that.
She's trying, she really is and I think if someone isn't constantly yelling at her she'd get better grades".
"I know baby and I understand. Your right she needs support and praise when she does well and tries her best."
"exactly my point."
"You can do this baby, I know you can, your an amazing Dad, you've got this."
Doug smiles and calms down "I know and thank you".
The kids come up to them. Kamala gives him a quick kiss and looks at the kids, smiling.

Doug smiles "you guys wanna go touch some sting rays?"

"YESS" they both say.
"Sounds fun" Kamala smiles.

Doug smiles at them and starts heading for the sting rays. Kamala stands there with them and looks at the stingray. Ella dip's her hand in the water and gets really excited feeling sting rays below her fingers. Kamala smiles at her excitement. Then Kamala touches one and grimaces "It feels weird" she laughs.
Doug touches one too and smiles "your right".
Kamala looks up and see a woman with a small child at least one year old and shes pregnant again. Kamala can't help but smile, the kind of smile that reaches her eyes. That could be her one day....hopefully. The child she's carrying now was a miracle, and shes not young anymore.
Ella sees what she's looking at and smiles.