Chapter 36: Worries

The following morning Kamala tries to move but Doug is gripping her tight, keeping his hand away from her bruises. She smiles and kisses his chest, Doug smiles in his sleep. "baby?"
"hmm"
"I need to pee."
Doug turns around letting her go.
She quickly runs to the toilet. Doug opens his eyes seeing her run to the bathroom, he looks at the door confused but just brushes it off and goes back to sleep.
Kamala comes out and see hes asleep again, and chuckles when he starts snoring. She sits on the bed and just looks around.

Doug turns over and grips her waist.
She softly strokes his arm when she hears him whisper "can i have kiss?" in his sleep.
She rolls over and kisses him. He slowly wakes up feeling her lips on his.
She sees him wake up and smiles, pulling away and he cups her face.
"Hi" she says.
"hello love" Doug says in return.
She looks into his eyes.
"how'd you sleep?" he asks.
"I slept great, just a little pain when I tried to move but its fine."
"are you sure, do you need anything?" he asks, concerned.
"Yes baby, we're okay."
"okay good".

"Baby?" she says looking at the ceiling then at his chest.
"yes love?"
"were you..? did you..?" she stops, biting her tongue.
"did i what? it's okay spit it out, you can tell me".
She speaks softly, almost in a whisper "Did you dominate her?"
"Uhhh y- y- yeah why?..." Doug stammers.
"I was just wondering" she looks down
"okay..."
Kamala bites her lip nervously not wanting to say what else is on her mind.

"what is it? what's on your mind you can tell me it's okay" he reassures her.
"and did you um...try anal with her?"
"no we didn't make it that far"
" Okay...." she nods.
"Why do you ask?"
"I just...what makes me better in bed than her?"
"the fact that your not a controlling, selfish bitch, but i don't know i just like you better, you make me feel good".
"Okay." I nod.
"again why?"

She looks into his eyes, "I'm sorry i was just feeling a little insecure."
"hey hey don't apologize, it's okay, you don't have to be. like i said don't let her words get to you okay? i love you so much and only you and don't forget that".
She smiles as he holds her face in his hands, looking into her eyes.
"Your right baby, thank you."
"Your welcome love" he says before kissing her softly.
She kisses back, closing her eyes as she wraps her arms around his neck as best she can.

Doug pulls her on top of him with a smirk.
She smirks and looks down at him.
He gets lost in her eyes just searching, he doesn't know what for but he can't stop.
Kamala blushes "what?" she asks with a chuckle.
Doug snaps out of it "hmm oh nothing"
Kamala chuckles "Your adorable." As she leans down to kiss his nose.
"thank you and so are you"
"You're very welcome. I wish we could stay in bed all day"
"i know me too"
"and what would we do in bed all day?" she asks.
"watch movies and relax"
"mm that'd be nice".
"we could if you would like".
"I told Ella I would help her organize and put away her stuff."
"oh that's fine thank you"
"Of course I'd do anything for our kids."
"our?" he asks raising a brow.
"I'm sorry, too soon?"
"no, perfect timing" he says placing his hand on her stomach.

She smiles and places her hand on top of his. "I can't wait to feel baby Emhoff kick" she says.
"me too" he says with a smile.
"I have an important meeting on Monday in Sacramento then I have 2
weeks vacation beginning the end of next week, maybe I can move some of my stuff to my apartment here in LA."
"oh okay, only if you want too, i mean if that makes things easier".
"Do you not want me to relocate here to L.A?"
"Only if your comfortable, it's up to you. I want you to make the decision you feel is best and not just for me or our kids".
"Well travelling all the time is going is going get harder as this pregnancy progresses and if im living in my L.A apartment then you can see me and when the baby is born I can bring him or her to see you."
"that's true and if you ever need help with anything you can call me".
"Yeah, exactly." she nods in agreement even though deep down she prefers to fall asleep and wake up in his arms everyday.
"okay" he smiles or "would it be easier if you just mo- nevermind".

"What baby? What are you thinking?"
"well would it be easier if you moved in, only if you want to"
She looks at him "You want me to move in?" she asks surprised.
"i mean if it would make things easier".
She kisses him then pulls away "Yes! Yes baby!", she screams with excitement and kisses him repetitively.

He smiles cupping her face.
"Will you help me?" She asks
"of course i will" he replies with a smile.
"Okay because maybe you could fly there i'll pick you up and we can fill my car and drive here, then go back until everything is here or we can get Maya and Tony to help too, it will be quicker. Then we can go to my apartment here and get the stuff."
"that's fine" he says.

"Okay." They go to the kitchen and she see the kids sitting there. "Hey guys"
"morning" they say at the same time.
"hey did one of you guys take one of the ultrasound pictures off the table last night?" Kamala asks.
"oh yeah i was walking to my room looking at it and i left it there"
Ella says getting up to head upstairs "i'll grab it".
"No,no sweetie it's okay. You can keep it if you like, I'll get you a photo frame for it."
"really, are you sure?" Ella asks stopping to look at her.
"Of course, there will be more ultrasounds in the future."
"okay" Ella smiles.
Kamala smiles "Also, your dad and I were talking and well, how would you guys feel if I moved in?"
Ella looks at her shocked on the stairs "really?"
"Yeah, it will make it easier on me because of the pregnancy and when the baby comes."
"that's true and i'm completely fine with it" Cole says.