Chapter 87: It's Time, Part 1

●●Normal●●
The rest of Kamala's pregnancy was okay. She had listened to Dr Stevens and did as she had asked. However her morning sickness returned, putting Kamala off anything overly intimate. The 17th of December had arrived and Kamala was at home with Barb, while Doug was shopping with Mike. Mike and Barb are staying with them because Kamala wanted them
to be there when when Kali is born and to help prepare for Christmas.

It's about 4:30pm when Kamala gets up for a snack. She had been having back and stomach
pains for a few hours but she brushes them off. After her snack she goes to the bathroom and when she is about to flush she sees it.

She grabs her phone and calls Doug, who was already on his way home
after loading up the car.

Doug pick's up the phone "Hey baby I'm almost home I'm about 5 minutes away
what's up?"

"Dougie I think I'm in the early stage of labor...I think I lost my mucous plug, i think im having contractions but its too early to go to the hospital."

"What!? So Kali is coming?" He speeds up slightly.

"I dont know , maybe, my water hasn't broken yet and contractions arent that close."

"okay" he hangs up and pulls in the driveway, turning off the car, he
runs inside to the bathroom, and knocks "Baby are you okay? you
there?" he asks.

Kamala opens the door and Doug holds her stomach "you okay?" he asks
looking into her eyes.

"Yeah, just nervous" she says putting her hands on his. "Is her carseat installed? Where is your stop watch? I should have told your mom when the cramps started, are the
bags in the car?"

"Baby calm down, everything is set up and ready for her, I have a stop watch on my phone. Just give yourself a second and I'll tell them okay?"

Kamala takes a deep breath and nods. "Okay."

Doug kisses her gently then pulls away to tell his parents.

"Okay well it is only early labour, when contractions are more frequent about five minutes
apart and lasts for 30- 60 seconds, or her water breaks you should get her to the hospital. Is there anything you'd like us to do Doug?" Barb asks.

Doug takes a deep breath "Just be there for her, the hospital bag is already ready and in the car, the car set is ready, everything is ready" Doug says a little panicky.

"Okay, we are so proud of you Doug" Barb smiles and places her hand on
his cheek.

They all look up as Kamala comes out of their bedroom. Doug turns and
walks over to Kamala "how are you feeling baby?"

She holds his hand as a contraction starts, and talks through it "I'm feeling great". The contraction doesnt last long. "Okay, let me know when you get another one and don't let go of my hand until it's done" Doug says.

Kamala nods with a smile "I love you." She says before giving him a kiss on the lips.

Doug kisses back and smiles then whispers "i love you too always and forever".

Atleast 4 hours pass and her contractions have gotten closer, longer and stronger. Kamala grips Dougs hand tight and groans. Doug starts the stop watch.

It lasts for 30 seconds. When it ends she loosens her grip.

"You are doing great Kamala we are so proud of you." Barb tells her.

"30 seconds" Doug says then waits to see how far apart her contractions are.

5 minutes later she gets another one just as strong and groans again.

"alright baby, it's time, when this one is over we're leaving okay?"

"Okay" she says through gritted teeth.

Doug waits until it's over and takes a deep breath.

Kamala gets up slowly and Doug puts her arm around his shoulder and walks to the car with her.

Doug helps her get in the car and hold's her hand as he drives to the hospital as fast as he can, his parents following behind.

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I feel a gush of water "Umm" I look at Doug. "I'm sorry baby."

●★Doug POV★●
I look at her and I can see that the seat is wet, my eyes
widen "Baby it's okay, that's alright" I reassure her as we pull in,
"I'm gonna go get Dr.Stevens I'll be right back okay?"

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I grip his shirt and pull him toward me. Through gritted teeth I say "Don't you dare leave me alone."

●★Doug POV★●
"Okay I'm sorry let's go" I say helping her out and grabbing the bags.

Dr Stevens gets us to a delivery room  Kamala , and assesses how dilated Kamala is.

"Okay you are 7 centimetres dilated. You are in the active stage
okay?"

I hold her hand and smile.

"Okay, you got this love" I reassure her as Dr Stevens does a full assessment and monitors the baby.

"Alright your baby is in position and moving down. To speed up progress and help her move down, a standing position can help, or walking around."

"Okay will do."

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I look at Doug as another contraction hits.
"Okay well I'm pretty sure a contraction just hit because Jesus you're strong" he says to me.

Dr Stevens walks out of the room, to leave us alone for now. Doug helps me into the gown. I
stand next to the bed and lean down on my elbows "Can you, can you please rub my back?"

"Of course love" he says as he starts applying counter pressure to my
back and rubbing it.

I start to cry, trying to keep it silent.

●★Doug POV★●
I can feel that she's off and I hear little sniffles "baby what's
wrong are you okay? do you need something?"

"I don't think I can do this Dougie."

"Baby yes you can, I swear you can, think of all this time we have
spent leading up to this moment, these nine months were hard and I
know they were but you can do this. Just think of all the times you
talked about how bad you wanted to hold Kali and to see who she looks
like more remember?"

I smile and sniffle
"Yeah" I say nodding.

"Then that's what
this is for, to meet our baby girl and hold her. You got this okay?
Everything is going to be okay and we get to meet Kali."

I stand up straight and wrap my arms around him as I let out a deep
breath. "You always know the right thing to say."

●★Doug POV★●
I smile "I love you always and forever."

"I love you too" she says looking up into my eyes. I look down at her and smile until a contraction hits her. She holds me tighter, her nails dig into my skin and I groan quietly.

She loosens the grip when it ends and says "I'm sorry." I release a breath "it's okay love" I lift up my shirt and look at my sides.